Politics, Religion, Personal Rants - Where did the Rubber Room go?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Lets face it if you were the moderator and you had to constantly go these sights youd probaly just End them also.
Because Tubecity--This is a treasure hunting sight, take those discussions to another camp fire.
Personaly Id rather go digging, but I of course lately I have been drawn the politics sight, election yr and all.
Let it go. I hope the rubber room and the rants are gone forever.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Besides that look at the many choices we still have left, I always love looking at the joke page (uhhh lets not get political in there)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
'Why you think dowsing doesn't work' / 'Why you think dowsing does work' is an invitation for negative or personal statements contradicting the beliefs of others in a public fashion while requiring a smattering of civility as one would express individual opinions.

Hey.... wait a minute... wasn't that the same thing the rubber room was all about?

I'm confused... :icon_scratch:

K

Kentucky Kache

TEXAN Connection said:
Personaly I hope the rubber room is gone forever To much hatin goin on in there. Kinda like a dead dog (when your driving by) hard to not look (and responde), Might make TN a happier place. Undoubtadely it will end some membersparticipation who were only here for it. This is a treasure sight after all.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, it IS a treasure site. But it WAS a treasure site with flavor. A burger is a burger, but it tastes better with cheese on it.

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cache Crazy said:
Yes, it IS a treasure site. But it WAS a treasure site with flavor. A burger is a burger, but it tastes better with cheese on it.

[On the advice of my attorney I post no wisecrack here]

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) <----------------------------------------this is my surprised face

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am copying and pasting this response from the Charter member forum.....

It's a delicate balancing act between the popularity of TreasureNet (the Rubber Room was good for that) and the liability such controversial forum subjects invite.

It is also true that some large companies who will remain unnamed refuse to sponsor TreasureNet because of some of the personal attacks and negative tone and remarks that happened in these areas. (so a special thanks to those who fan the flames :wink:)

I am unsure if I will ever put them back online. TreasureNet is ultimately about Treasure Hunting... and it would be good for TreasureNet, from a sponsorship standpoint - to remain neutral.

There are also some things happening behind the scenes that I am not at liberty to talk about.

I have considered setting up "group moderators"... so if someone wants to join the group that can view the Rubber Room, the group moderator could add them to the group. I would also need a moderator or two, since I would like to spare PBK, Jeff, and Tom from that fray. Unfortunately, I see no one, who frequents the Rubber Room, neutral enough for the job. (including me!) Any recommendations for moderator?

So there you have it. They are offline, but I am looking for some way to allow access to them, without chasing away potential sponsors and without inviting lawsuits.

Marc

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Marc said:
It is also true that some large companies who will remain unnamed refuse to sponsor TreasureNet because of some of the personal attacks and negative tone and remarks that happened in these areas. (so a special thanks to those who fan the flames :wink:)

I kind of wish this information had come to light much sooner. :) It definitely would have changed my outward behavior to have known it.

urbss

Sep 15, 2005
Cresson, PA
Well, I guess there goes my membership. I was considering a paying membership, but not without the best part of the forum.

It just goes to show how things are these days with everyone worrying about lawsuits and sponsors. Seems crazy to me.

I've learned a lot on the political forum. I'll miss all of you that contributed.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say I visited the rubber rooms from time to time...usually to keep my blood pressure from dropping below an acceptable level. With that being said, that was not the reason I joined TNet. I love MDing and Treasure hunting. I know some of you will state that politics enter into the mix, but if you want to get a certain bill out, you can do it in the legal section. If all I wanted to do was talk politics, I would join a forum that was for debate on politics..plain and simple.HH

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for giving your reasons why Marc.

tinpan "a little suggestion for those who miss the deleted section, theres always Everything Else." lol joking ;D ;D ;D

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like I said... I will always consider a couple new moderators and put the Rubber Room back up... but those moderators will stay REAL busy keeping people in line. I will expect no personal attacks, no name calling, and no copied and pasted copyrighted material - which was another reason I yanked them!

Marc

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I learned a lot there too and loved to contribute when I didn't have it blocked (I'd get sucked in). But if this is the reason to not contribute, or the only reason you were here... well, I guess t-net's not for ya.

Also, I support Marc - if the site admin wants to bring in sponsors for treasurenet he has the right to control content. If it was MY site those areas would be limited to Charter Members to possibly create more revenue! :-*

To those of you that cant breath without the rubber rooms, suggest a moderator or offer to be one!

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
Now that it's gone everyone should expect to see a ton of new sponsers coming to the site! $$ will be flowing like there's no tomorrow.

It's always the almighty dollar that drives the bus...........

FWIW, I will only pay membership fees to private boards that have NO commercial interests. This is a perfect example of why.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Bassfish said:
Now that it's gone everyone should expect to see a ton of new sponsers coming to the site! $$ will be flowing like there's no tomorrow.

It's always the almighty dollar that drives the bus...........

FWIW, I will only pay membership fees to private boards that have NO commercial interests. This is a perfect example of why.

I understand that completely, but, I also believe in capitolism. I pay a pittance here in my opinion, and would never begrudge anyone an inventive way to make a buck.

I don't even care of there are sponsors here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread