Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there has been several reports of speaker issues with the Legend, I myself have not had any issues with the speakers on mine or my wife's Legend

I would like to start a poll for as follows

#1-How many have had issues with their speaker going out

#2- at what volume level 1 being the lowest Volume and 6 being max volume were you running at when the speaker quit working

I am unsure how you set up a poll so if someone can tell me how I will set it up

The reason I am doing this is because I have a feeling that the speakers that have gone out is due to the internal speaker being over driven by the 5-6 volume adjustment, I have spoken to a few users on the Legend facebook user groups and posed this question to each one of the ones I PMed all of them have stated they were at max volume.

I myself received my Legend from the first batch that came into the US mine had the 1.04 software version, I then purchased my wife's Legend a few months latter hers had the 1.05 software version and the dealer I purchased hers from updated to the 1.07 per my request

on my Legend simply because of how loud the Legend is I have only turned the volume level to 6 (max) 1 time and that was when I first received it just checking things out at max volume of 6 to me it made target tones sound distorted because it was way to loud for my comfort, also keep in mind I have severe tinnitus in both ears 24/7 i deal with 3-4 different sounds going constantly in both ears 24/7 and like I said at max volume of 6 for me it was way to loud, I run my volume at 1-2 always have been to 3 occasionally at the volume settings I run even with my tinnitus I have no issues hearing targets, my wife's has never been above 3 on the volume

so basically this will be a curiosity poll, that may help Nokta/Macro to figure out why there are some of us having speaker failure issues

I do not know if Nokta/Macro can correct this with an update to lower the volume of the volume adjustment or perhaps an update doing away with the 5-6 volume adjustment and just make max volume setting to 3-4 but not changing how loud the 3-4 volume is rite now

again I have had no issues with my speaker blowing or failing on mine or my wife's on either Legend's, and we do not use any higher volume then 3 other then the one time I did on mine my wife's has never been above 3 which is the factory default setting for volume

I also have close to 400 hours on my Legend and my wife has a little over 70 hours on hers her hours are due to not detecting as much as I do she sits and watches me most of the time because she gets bored real easy.

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't recall if I ever had my volume up to the maximum. Other than actually in the surf I'm always using the WHP's. Great for those of us that have hearing deficit, and blocks out the beach wind and water noises. I can say that water has not caused any problems whatsoever. Glad you posted your survey, now I'll be sure to avoid max volume. Thanks.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't recall if I ever had my volume up to the maximum. Other than actually in the surf I'm always using the WHP's. Great for those of us that have hearing deficit, and blocks out the beach wind and water noises. I can say that water has not caused any problems whatsoever. Glad you posted your survey, now I'll be sure to avoid max volume. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Sandog

I am not saying that to high of volume is what is causing the speakers to go at all just that it is a possibility that it is the cause, like I stated I have talked to a few that have had speaker issues all but two stated they were running their volume level at 6 which is max volume i have spoken with 7 people in total of the 7 two stated they experienced issues after they did one of the updates which was the 1.08 update the two re ran the install of the update and the issue went away, 5 of the seven said the speaker just quit out of the blue, but they were running max volume of 6 again I do not run my volume that high other then one time and it was only at max for maybe a minuet my wife's has never been above three in fact hers has always been set at 2 mine I run at 1-2 volume setting

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the reply Sandog

I am not saying that to high of volume is what is causing the speakers to go at all just that it is a possibility that it is the cause, like I stated I have talked to a few that have had speaker issues all but two stated they were running their volume level at 6 which is max volume i have spoken with 7 people in total of the 7 two stated they experienced issues after they did one of the updates which was the 1.08 update the two re ran the install of the update and the issue went away, 5 of the seven said the speaker just quit out of the blue, but they were running max volume of 6 again I do not run my volume that high other then one time and it was only at max for maybe a minuet my wife's has never been above three in fact hers has always been set at 2 mine I run at 1-2 volume setting

I also rely on the vibration quite a bit. Let's me keep an eye on the ground, or beach, just ahead. Always on the lookout for that green glass.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there has been several reports of speaker issues with the Legend, I myself have not had any issues with the speakers on mine or my wife's Legend

I would like to start a poll for as follows

#1-How many have had issues with their speaker going out

#2- at what volume level 1 being the lowest Volume and 6 being max volume were you running at when the speaker quit working

I am unsure how you set up a poll so if someone can tell me how I will set it up

The reason I am doing this is because I have a feeling that the speakers that have gone out is due to the internal speaker being over driven by the 5-6 volume adjustment, I have spoken to a few users on the Legend facebook user groups and posed this question to each one of the ones I PMed all of them have stated they were at max volume.

I myself received my Legend from the first batch that came into the US mine had the 1.04 software version, I then purchased my wife's Legend a few months latter hers had the 1.05 software version and the dealer I purchased hers from updated to the 1.07 per my request

on my Legend simply because of how loud the Legend is I have only turned the volume level to 6 (max) 1 time and that was when I first received it just checking things out at max volume of 6 to me it made target tones sound distorted because it was way to loud for my comfort, also keep in mind I have severe tinnitus in both ears 24/7 i deal with 3-4 different sounds going constantly in both ears 24/7 and like I said at max volume of 6 for me it was way to loud, I run my volume at 1-2 always have been to 3 occasionally at the volume settings I run even with my tinnitus I have no issues hearing targets, my wife's has never been above 3 on the volume

so basically this will be a curiosity poll, that may help Nokta/Macro to figure out why there are some of us having speaker failure issues

I do not know if Nokta/Macro can correct this with an update to lower the volume of the volume adjustment or perhaps an update doing away with the 5-6 volume adjustment and just make max volume setting to 3-4 but not changing how loud the 3-4 volume is rite now

again I have had no issues with my speaker blowing or failing on mine or my wife's on either Legend's, and we do not use any higher volume then 3 other then the one time I did on mine my wife's has never been above 3 which is the factory default setting for volume

I also have close to 400 hours on my Legend and my wife has a little over 70 hours on hers her hours are due to not detecting as much as I do she sits and watches me most of the time because she gets bored real easy.
Ditto with Dirthog. No issues with speaker but I use the headphones 90% of the time. When I do hunt with speaker, it is usually at 4 volume.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be testing a New Speaker design for Nokta Makro its on the way from Turkey.
I heard that

maybe you can clear something up for me that is confusing the crap out of me, on the Ground balance

can I PM you

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ,I will try to help ..

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dilek reached out to me and asked if I would test it for Nokta Makro. I am also doing a series of tutorial videos for the Legend to help users with the learning curve.
Thanks for doing the tutorials on the Legend. You've really helped me to start to figure out the IF.

John14Six

Jul 25, 2022
Dilek reached out to me and asked if I would test it for Nokta Makro. I am also doing a series of tutorial videos for the Legend to help users with the learning curve.
I have been learning how to use my Nokta Legend and it has been fun.

I mostly use it in park mode or beach mode. Aluminium tabs alway alert at about 30 a few inches deep indicating that it is some king of precious metal when it is not.

How to I eliminate that?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could notch out that segment and get rid of those....BUT you will be missing some possible good targets.......So its a trade off...

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all you legend users, does not matter if you have done the 1.09 update or not. Have you noticed a problem with the TDI numbers?
Most of you will think I am full of crap, but this is what I have noticed.

THESE numbers are fictional but very close to the truth.

1st if there is more than 1 coin, say a quarter and a dime close to each other, the legend will only find 1 target until you remove the other. and to top that off it seems to round the numbers together, example if a dime and quarter are in the same hole, the legend will give me a 36 on the screen

2nd, a zinc penny does not always ring up as a 41-45, it sometimes rings up as a 31

3rd a dime might be a 45, and the next dime is a 39 or 36

What i am trying to say there is no consistency in how it identifies a coin.At first I thought I was imagining it, but now I have owned the Legend for 4 months and this happens over and over.

And it does not separate targets I had that problem with the Garrett Apex, sent it in for repairs and it was returned with the same problem.

and do not get me wrong I like the Legend, it has already proven itself to me (unlike the Apex) but so far I do think the Nox, even with its issues is a better machine, I do not own a D2, but would not give up my Deus to make the Legend my only machine.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For all you legend users, does not matter if you have done the 1.09 update or not. Have you noticed a problem with the TDI numbers?
Most of you will think I am full of crap, but this is what I have noticed.

THESE numbers are fictional but very close to the truth.

1st if there is more than 1 coin, say a quarter and a dime close to each other, the legend will only find 1 target until you remove the other. and to top that off it seems to round the numbers together, example if a dime and quarter are in the same hole, the legend will give me a 36 on the screen

2nd, a zinc penny does not always ring up as a 41-45, it sometimes rings up as a 31

3rd a dime might be a 45, and the next dime is a 39 or 36

What i am trying to say there is no consistency in how it identifies a coin.At first I thought I was imagining it, but now I have owned the Legend for 4 months and this happens over and over.

And it does not separate targets I had that problem with the Garrett Apex, sent it in for repairs and it was returned with the same problem.

and do not get me wrong I like the Legend, it has already proven itself to me (unlike the Apex) but so far I do think the Nox, even with its issues is a better machine, I do not own a D2, but would not give up my Deus to make the Legend my only machine.
I think that specific soil mineralization and how it causes targets to oxidize is the reason for this.

In my soil pennies can be 38-45, depending on corrosion.

Dimes are 43-48, even the really nasty, crusted orange ones.

Quarters are 50-58. Yesterday I got a solid 58 on a quarter at 3" right next to a parking meter pole and on top of the big conductive chunk of cement that anchors it. The 6" coil really separated the quarter out of that mess.
60 tones would probably be good for the quarter/dime scenario that you described. You might have had another kind of metal in or around the hole that brought the average of the ID down to the number that you mentioned.

I'm not saying that you're full of crap, your results are your results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread