Poop Palace

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2038112 View attachment 2038112 I am a bricklayer/stone mason. This is a project I completed in Sarasota in 2020. It is a sewage lift station in one of the most expensive areas of Sarasota. So they made it quite fancy & dubbed it the Poop Palace. I had a 6-7 man crew ( actually 1 is a woman and very talented). It t
16578922954122338050279735663768.jpg
ook around 7 months to complete the brick and Precast stone.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, hydraulic and raise up. Allow big equipment inside. 3 other doors just like it one on each side of building. Tanks inside 60 feet deep. We found hundreds of sharks teeth, 2 were big Megs on the site.
Great work newnan man! Been in and around construction all my life,I know good work when I see it!:icon_thumleft:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the building there on 41 at the mound street split? If so, i had admired the craftsmanship as i drive past very often....a very nice palace indeed, and yes, the brickwork sets it apart. Nice job!

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is that the building there on 41 at the mound street split? If so, i had admired the craftsmanship as i drive past very often....a very nice palace indeed, and yes, the brickwork sets it apart. Nice job!
Thanks. Yes, that is the one. Right where 41 & 301 merge. Mound Street.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, hydraulic and raise up. Allow big equipment inside. 3 other doors just like it one on each side of building. Tanks inside 60 feet deep. We found hundreds of sharks teeth, 2 were big Megs on the site.
How many bricks do you think were used ??

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured something like that....wow !! Thats incredible!! Your a very talented craftsman!!

On another note im always interested in the brick count......I once asked a ranger in the dry tortugas how many bricks they thought were used in the construction of Fort Jefferson......I was told 43 million bricks !!

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I figured something like that....wow !! Thats incredible!! Your a very talented craftsman!!

On another note im always interested in the brick count......I once asked a ranger in the dry tortugas how many bricks they thought were used in the construction of Fort Jefferson......I was told 43 million bricks !!
Yes, Ft Jefferson is amazing! Excellent craftsmanship & the conditions under how it was built was extremely difficult. I think it's one of the largest brick structures in America.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is located on a very prominent intersection, so I can appreciate that it is not just an old unfinished concrete block structure with 0 curb appeal.....and I think that the residential neighbors appreciate it even more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread