"Possible" 1715 fleet or older mystery artifact found on the beach

Feb 27, 2018
volusia county
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Beach Hunter ID, Surf PI, 6000 SI Pro. tdi beach hunter, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello

So I started a post yesterday and had a few opinions and comments, (thank you) but mostly, I needed to take clearer pictures to be able to make a reasonable opinion on the artifact.
So as requested i did.
I put this in general discussion to get a many opinions from everyone I could. I have this item and some other items i found I would like to get the experts at McLarty Treasure Museum to verify authentic or not.
I'm hoping there are some jewelry makers on this site with a background on very old ring making.?
It is my guess this piece sat on a ring band and had broke off in the surf at some point and lost it's stones along the way. Of course this is my opinion.
Please view all the pics and let me know what you think. I would like to keep this open if i can so many users get a chance to view it.
9875.jpg
9871.jpg 9871.jpg
9871.jpg
987base.jpg
9876.jpg
9874.jpg
9877.jpg

Thanks
Robert

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

So I started a post yesterday and had a few opinions and comments, (thank you) but mostly, I needed to take clearer pictures to be able to make a reasonable opinion on the artifact.
So as requested i did.
I put this in general discussion to get a many opinions from everyone I could. I have this item and some other items i found I would like to get the experts at McLarty Treasure Museum to verify authentic or not.
I'm hoping there are some jewelry makers on this site with a background on very old ring making.?
It is my guess this piece sat on a ring band and had broke off in the surf at some point and lost it's stones along the way. Of course this is my opinion.
Please view all the pics and let me know what you think. I would like to keep this open if i can so many users get a chance to view it. View attachment 2007556 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007561 View attachment 2007559 View attachment 2007560 View attachment 2007555

Thanks
Robert
Could it be a bearing? It kinda looks like there are ball bearings around it...

Reactions: ARC

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

So as requested i did.
Please view all the pics and let me know what you think. I would like to keep this open if i can so many users get a chance to view it. View attachment 2007556 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007561 View attachment 2007559 View attachment 2007560
Hello

So as requested i did.
Please view all the pics and let me know what you think. I would like to keep this open if i can so many users get a chance to view it. View attachment 2007556 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007557 View attachment 2007561 View attachment 2007559 View attachment 2007560 View attachment 2007555

Thanks
Robert

Thanks
Robert

Attachments

• 221005152862.jpg
    221005152862.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: ARC

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pix are no better than yesterdays thread.How big is this thing,and whats the weight ?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it stick to a magnet ?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it stick to a magnet ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's hard to figure out as the photos are grainy against the white background.
Size of it-put a dime or quarter beside it.
Looking at the white background it doesn't appear to be all that big.
It's too enlarged to get a clear picture of what the item is.
Is this just one side or is of both sides?
Try a neutral back ground then the focus will be on the item more.
Yes more photos-just what you don't want to hear

Reactions: RTR

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks extremely old but then again the ocean in unforgiving to metal. I’d ask Bart what he thinks.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't tell...looks copper/bronze, and im not sure if thats both sides, or just one side. I found a similar mystery object at turtle trail years ago....never could figure it out....but it was very similar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread