🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Possible American Revolution Grapeshot?

tlaw

Greenie
Mar 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Over the past month, I have been metal detecting on my property in Milton, NC and found what I guess is possible parts of grapeshot from the American Revolution. I have no idea, though. You will see in the photos that the middle item appears to have some sort of hook inside of it.

Also pictured is what I can only guess is a mini Minie Ball... I placed the penny inside the photo for reference. I know the time periods don't match up, but Milton is a very old and historic town. I know that Cornwallis was in this area during the Race to the Dan.

If anyone could help, I would be most appreciative!!!

Thanks so much!

Trina

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 68
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 45

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Over the past month, I have been metal detecting on my property in Milton, NC and found what I guess is possible parts of grapeshot from the American Revolution. I have no idea, though. You will see in the photos that the middle item appears to have some sort of hook inside of it.

Also pictured is what I can only guess is a mini Minie Ball... I placed the penny inside the photo for reference. I know the time periods don't match up, but Milton is a very old and historic town. I know that Cornwallis was in this area during the Race to the Dan.

Thanks so much!

Trina
Could be, or could be a small swivel gun....how much does a whole one weigh?

Upvote 2

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Thanks so much!

Trina
The one in the middle appears to have an eyebolt in it,maybe a duck decoy anchor?

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t think they,re shot of any kind.Why would there be a bunch of half round pieces of shot.The shape and weight strongly suggest decoy anchors.I,m not trying to bust you out,just trying to get to a true ID.If they are truly shot I,ll be the first to congratulate you,but right now I,m not seeing shot.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread