Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is an old dumpsite behind my church and after a big storm artifacts weather out into a creekbed that runs about 15 feet down a hill. Always meant to take a peek but was just never the right time/day/etc. to do it. Keep in mind this church is modern but built almost exactly where the confederate artillery was in the Dranesville incident of Dec 20th, 1861. Never expected to find much, boy was I wrong. Thank you for looking, happy holidays and please be kind to each other. Have fun digging! UPDATE: after further research thinking it maybe a 4 pounder hard to tell though, not super educated on CW stuff Further Update: waiting for experts opinion... may move the roundball to another forum for ID. Thanks for patience, sorry I do not know more!

Attachments

• confederate hollow.JPG
    confederate hollow.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 311
  • sharpening stones.JPG
    sharpening stones.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 148
  • stirrup maybe.JPG
    stirrup maybe.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • toothbrush in glass.JPG
    toothbrush in glass.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
  • brush.JPG
    brush.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
  • car doorlock eschuceon.JPG
    car doorlock eschuceon.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • not sure.JPG
    not sure.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • dunno looks interesting.JPG
    dunno looks interesting.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
  • figurine.JPG
    figurine.JPG
    615.9 KB · Views: 118
  • find of day.JPG
    find of day.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • flashlight button.JPG
    flashlight button.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • glass daisy.JPG
    glass daisy.JPG
    760.4 KB · Views: 101
  • glass doorknob.JPG
    glass doorknob.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
  • got my GW!.JPG
    got my GW!.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • gyroscope.JPG
    gyroscope.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
  • marble.JPG
    marble.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • pile.JPG
    pile.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • tag.JPG
    tag.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • wrenched.JPG
    wrenched.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • sixties flashlght base.JPG
    sixties flashlght base.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • wild bill.JPG
    wild bill.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • one.JPG
    one.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • three.JPG
    three.JPG
    864.6 KB · Views: 58
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 47

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow!
Great day of eyeballing finds.
GW metal top shelf, as little yellow chicken.
The Mag. ? find might be the head off a gramophone type rig.
Super day you had.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow!
Great day oof eyeballing finds.
GW metal top shelf, as little yellow chicken.
The Mag. ? find might be the head off a gramophone type rig.
Super day you had.
thank you! Was just the right conditions for larking....light drizzle warmish day (for December anyway) and just had to scrape lightly with my Lesche and look for what emerged. Take care Pepper.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves! Well done on using your imagination and knowledge to locate a hidden in plain sight site :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great saves! Well done on using your imagination and knowledge to locate a hidden in plain sight site :icon_thumleft:
thank you so much, saw the glimmer of old glass while in church during the sermon (gotta love that even tho my mind was wandering) ....not trying to be irreverent just can't shut it off. Seriously it is amazing how many period sites are in plain view in overdeveloped areas if you nurture the senses to perceive them, happy hunting and take care!

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old dumpsite behind my church and after a big storm artifacts weather out into a creekbed that runs about 15 feet down a hill. Always meant to take a peek but was just never the right time/day/etc. to do it. Keep in mind this church is modern but built almost exactly where the confederate artillery was in the Dranesville incident of Dec 20th, 1861. Never expected to find much, boy was I wrong. Thank you for looking, happy holidays and please be kind to each other. Have fun digging! UPDATE: after further research thinking it maybe a 4 pounder hard to tell though, not super educated on CW stuff
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be a confederate grenade! If you can clean it and show pictures of the size with ruler dimensions showing and exact weight there are people on this forum that can confirm that it is or isn't a confederate grenade. If it is a confederate grenade, it would be a find of a lifetime.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That could be a confederate grenade! If you can clean it and show pictures of the size with ruler dimensions showing and exact weight there are people on this forum that can confirm that it is or isn't a confederate grenade. If it is a confederate grenade, it would be a find of a lifetime.
Ok you definitely have my attention. My electro tank is full of other stuff and is very nasty right now but I took some more detailed pics and I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. If this is a rare relic from the Dranseville Incident it would be a killer local relic as I grew up in the town it occured in. Let me add that I sincerely apologize to hardcore CW buffs for misidentifying. Here is some more detailed pics. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Sure hoping it isn't a finial or something. Thank you and take care.

Attachments

• one.JPG
    one.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • three.JPG
    three.JPG
    864.6 KB · Views: 33
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
just subbed your channel too:headbang:

JoshW

Oct 1, 2018
Valley Forge, PA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, congratulations. That little shell is sweet. I have the Dickey/George CW artillery reference book and the CS hand grenade in the book is 2.5 inches in diameter and weighed 1pd 4oz. A 6 pounder is 3.58 inches and weighs either 4 pds 2oz or 3 pds 12oz. The later weight is the polygonal cavity version. I am not sure what yours is and will let the experts weigh In. Very interested in what they say.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy what a fun type site filled with ...well you never know what , let us know about the Round Iron find asap , & you got a bunch of nice other oldies as well .

Peace

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds, congratulations. That little shell is sweet. I have the Dickey/George CW artillery reference book and the CS hand grenade in the book is 2.5 inches in diameter and weighed 1pd 4oz. A 6 pounder is 3.58 inches and weighs either 4 pds 2oz or 3 pds 12oz. The later weight is the polygonal cavity version. I am not sure what yours is and will let the experts weigh In. Very interested in what they say.
Thank you! yeah I'm not totally sure how to proceed here may move it to a different forum for the ID but I'm kind of computer illiterate still figuring all this out...lol

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy what a fun type site filled with ...well you never know what , let us know about the Round Iron find asap , & you got a bunch of nice other oldies as well .

Peace
Thank you Davers u just never know what you will come home with, thinking it was picked up in thirties by an inquisitive soul and sat in a barn until discarded with trash in the sixties...very cool (if it's not a finial) take care happy holidays

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread