Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tp,

Can you post a link to the study that you referenced?

From what I've now read, ivermectin inhibits replication of the virus in lab trials at concentrations that are significantly higher than what is approved for human use.

However, the results of a clinical trial on ~400 adult humans (200 given ivermectin, 198 given a placebo) with mild COVID-19 showed that ivermectin did not produce a significant difference in duration of symptoms vs. the placebo group. In the conclusion, the authors of the study said:

"[FONT="]Among adults with mild COVID-19, a 5-day course of ivermectin, compared with placebo, did not significantly improve the time to resolution of symptoms. The findings do not support the use of ivermectin for treatment of mild COVID-19, although larger trials may be needed to understand the effects of ivermectin on other clinically relevant outcomes.[/FONT]"

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2777389

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Hey thanks for the link. I don't remember where i was reading that, but i'll try and find it. Looks like the study you are reading is about using it as a treatment, not a preventative for contraction. the study i was reading was claiming it prevents contraction(and possibly transmission) if taken regularly.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally, justification to keep on lighting up!

The authors asserted:

current smokers have a very much lower probability of developing symptomatic or severe SARS-CoV-2 infection as compared to the general population.

The finding of lower rates of smokers among COVID-19 cases has been more recently described elsewhere, in a rapid review of 28 studies on smoking in COVID-19 patients from various countries.
I remember reading about the Italian study almost a year ago, right around last April.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Relicmaster: NPR has a website that might help you. It breaks down the nation by state and then county with the various sources available in each.

I have far more faith in the approved vaccines than I do in some rumor repeated on Faux "News."

Hope the NPR website helps!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Maybe this will be available as I can’t seem to get the vaccine. Been on list and approved to get it since January just impossible to get an appointment

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Facts are facts. I'm trying to help somebody here - not offer crackpot political views.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics out of the posts...thanks.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Finally, justification to keep on lighting up!

The authors asserted:

current smokers have a very much lower probability of developing symptomatic or severe SARS-CoV-2 infection as compared to the general population.

The finding of lower rates of smokers among COVID-19 cases has been more recently described elsewhere, in a rapid review of 28 studies on smoking in COVID-19 patients from various countries.

there were several reports of a study indicating that THC (not some oil) prevented lung infections from Corona
guessing will not be reported

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Facts are facts. I'm trying to help somebody here - not offer crackpot political views.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

And your credentials for being undisputed Shaman of Truth are what, exactly ?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t seen a “Holy Grail” or silver bullet for the pandemic. Vaccines are great but we’re in a race of mass vaccination against emerging variants that are able to avoid detection and subsequent immunological response due to mutations... if we don’t get it hammered down, we’ll need boosters so that the body recognizes the additional variants... we may already be there.

For mild to moderate cases of infection, monoclonal antibody infusion has shown very promising results and the FDA approved an EUA more than a month ago. Some limitations are that it cannot be administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly and infection must be caught at early onset of symptoms for treatment.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread