3.3 MB · Views: 186

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lagina’s and many, many others have dug tunnels on the island looking for the fictional money pit.

Which one of the previous digger’s tunnels does your document lead to?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Hmm, I find you don't address this small issue
The attached document contains 21 pages of information that identifies a precise location to a possible tunnel entrance. I'm certain that I've made mistakes, but I hope others will get something of value out of the document.

Hmm, I find you don't address this issue:

The Oak Island story is that the observations of a circular depression and an block and tackle hanging in a tree lead 3 guys to think that a treasure is buried in that spot.

That is, nowhere else on the island, just from what they observe they think this one spot is where a treasure might be hidden. Correct?

Doesn't this just show that what you have come up with is pure invention about other locations not based in anything at all but imagination?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Also, if you could explain how any of the locations you identified, correspond to the position marked on the treasure map Smith, Mcginnis and Vaughn (plus everyone else there) were using?

5 for one.png

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What lies beyond the Underworld Entrance is unknown.

Facts that make it extremely difficult to dismiss this theory include:
2 myths
4 constellations and
1 intentional constellation deception
1 Oak Island triangle deception 1 real world starting point
2 real world distances
1 ancient map that aligns with the constellations

confuse.jpg

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark ,you should know when you post anything ..OAK ISLAND you will be hammered on by the naysayers. They wait here to jump on anybody because they really care about you and don't want you to waste your time .

OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone, your comments are completely appropriate. I’m very new to this and I’m positive that many very smart people know much more about Oak Island than I do. I do know that investing time, energy, money, technology and lives have not solved the problem. Removing the archeological value of the finds so far, the dollar value of all the finds that I’ve seen on TV won’t pay for a new cell phone.

Personally, I believe that if someone really wants to hide something, they would have put a lot of effort into decoys. If someone wants to ensure that the items can always be found, especially if someone else must find them, the clues have to be obvious, plentiful and substantial enough to survive over time. Probably the most important thing that must survive is the preservation of the knowledge that something important has been hidden. This is critical because knowledge is not physical, it’s information, understandings, customs and dedication to a cause.

Tremendous energy, 227 years, several fortunes plus millions of dollars being invested right now, and the best technology that money can buy, have failed to solve the problem. But it has been very successful at keeping the knowledge alive.

Digging in holes that have already been dug is a technique. Finding new places to dig holes is another. I intentionally looked for a new place to dig and found this. Take the parts that you like and call them your own. Ignore the rest or not. I did my best to credit all the people who have done the hard work that allowed me to present this theory. Without them, I would have nothing.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark: Above you state, “solve he problem”.

You are assuming based on hoaxers and their fictional stories over the past 200+ years that a treasure is there and the problem is finding it.

The real problem is that there never was a treasure.

OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
Mark: Above you state, “solve he problem”.

You are assuming based on hoaxers and their fictional stories over the past 200+ years that a treasure is there and the problem is finding it.

The real problem is that there never was a treasure.
A treasure on Oak Island and somewhere else are not mutually exclusive. Why not both?

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only speak for me:

I don't know if there is any treasure buried on Oak Island.
I don't know if there ever was treasure buried on Oak Island.
I don't know if anything will be found on Oak Island.
I watch the show because it is entertaining and I enjoy it. If they find a treasure, good for them. If they don't, too bad for them. Neither outcome changes my life one bit.

Not trying to down anyone for their opinion on the validity of the hunt but some folks seem to be too caught up in this and that, my friends, is my opinion.

OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
I can only speak for me:

I don't know if there is any treasure buried on Oak Island.
I don't know if there ever was treasure buried on Oak Island.
I don't know if anything will be found on Oak Island.
I watch the show because it is entertaining and I enjoy it. If they find a treasure, good for them. If they don't, too bad for them. Neither outcome changes my life one bit.

Not trying to down anyone for their opinion on the validity of the hunt but some folks seem to be too caught up in this and that, my friends, is my opinion.
I agree with you and with Singlestack Wonder. I view this as an exercise and every starting point requires making assumptions. I assume that something happened. I strongly disagree with large parts of the Oak Island Lore. There are so many conflicts within the lore that it would take a whole new TV series to try and explain them all.

I started with a 21 page pdf because I needed to lay the groundwork. I try to work with probabilities. A theory can only have a high probability of being true if it's supported by the facts.

I believe that almost no one has read the whole document. If they have, they know that it ends at the end of a tunnel. What I didn't include is this:

Zena provided a document that described a 1065-foot corridor. By chance, the distance from the head of Nolan's Cross to the end of Zena's corridor is 1065 feet. What are the chances of that being a coincidence? I don't know but it is interesting.

Zena tunnel to Nolan Cross1.png

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zena was proven to be a quack a long time ago.

I suggest you go back thru all the hoax island threads and posts here.

The hoax of oak island has been going on for quite a while with many, many “experts” attempting to gain relevance from promoting the hoax.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I agree with you and with Singlestack Wonder. I view this as an exercise and every starting point requires making assumptions. I assume that something happened. I strongly disagree with large parts of the Oak Island Lore. There are so many conflicts within the lore that it would take a whole new TV series to try and explain them all.

I started with a 21 page pdf because I needed to lay the groundwork. I try to work with probabilities. A theory can only have a high probability of being true if it's supported by the facts.

I believe that almost no one has read the whole document. If they have, they know that it ends at the end of a tunnel. What I didn't include is this:

Zena provided a document that described a 1065-foot corridor. By chance, the distance from the head of Nolan's Cross to the end of Zena's corridor is 1065 feet. What are the chances of that being a coincidence? I don't know but it is interesting.

View attachment 2045876

In reality you have just told us that for 21 pages you just made things up.

That's great but it means you are just doing it for fun, like the other 'theorists' who appear on the show (and there has been some real brainiacs on it).

But just making thing up, well you'll understand then why hard core researchers pile on you then about your lack of research or relying on Mystic Zena (for Christ's sake). On the show, yeah, they need content to fill in between the segments. Here, you live or die by your research. Or lack of it.

If you are holding out this is your legit research then see the first sentence again.

It is known and was recorded from the start that Oak Island searchers were using a treasure map.
The 'team' on Oak Island know this. Just you haven't been told about it. That is, why they have gone back and recalculated where to dig (again).

There are no 'other places' or 'sites' or 'entrances': there is one place marked on the map to dig. The original searchers dug that one spot. Smith, Vaughn and Mcginnis weren't the first either, they just went back to the site of the previous excavation. Understand now why they reported the depression and rope/tackle still there? It was left by the previous searchers at the site the treasure map marked.

If you still can't get your mind around that it is recorded they were using a treasure map, or there are numerous records in existence detailing it then contact the show's researcher, Doug Crowell and get it from the horse's mouth. He published about it.

Ask him why he hasn't raised it on the show........

94600927_2733183420238707_767793642600398848_o.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
In reality you have just told us that for 21 pages you just made things up.

That's great but it means you are just doing it for fun, like the other 'theorists' who appear on the show (and there has been some real brainiacs on it).

But just making thing up, well you'll understand then why hard core researchers pile on you then about your lack of research or relying on Mystic Zena (for Christ's sake). On the show, yeah, they need content to fill in between the segments. Here, you live or die by your research. Or lack of it.

If you are holding out this is your legit research then see the first sentence again.

It is known and was recorded from the start that Oak Island searchers were using a treasure map.
The 'team' on Oak Island know this. Just you haven't been told about it. That is, why they have gone back and recalculated where to dig (again).

There are no 'other places' or 'sites' or 'entrances': there is one place marked on the map to dig. The original searchers dug that one spot. Smith, Vaughn and Mcginnis weren't the first either, they just went back to the site of the previous excavation. Understand now why they reported the depression and rope/tackle still there? It was left by the previous searchers at the site the treasure map marked.

If you still can't get your mind around that it is recorded they were using a treasure map, or there are numerous records in existence detailing it then contact the show's researcher, Doug Crowell and get it from the horse's mouth. He published about it.

Ask him why he hasn't raised it on the show........

View attachment 2045897
Once again, I agree with you completely. Obviously, this has been repeatedly attacked from every direction and you have numerous valid points. At no time am I saying that you are wrong. At the bottom of the first page, I specifically state in bold print, "This document is conjecture. It may be completely wrong. Do not take any real-world action based on this document."

All I'm saying is that it is possible that there is something to the Oak Island story. I have no idea what the truth is. I have put together a story based on physical evidence. It appears to me that the boulders on the beach resemble certain constellations. I showed pictures that highlighted them. If you feel that the patterns do not look like constellations, you are welcome to say that.

I posted a picture from Google Maps showing a distance of 1065 feet from the end of a possible tunnel. You can disagree with the distance. You can state that there are no tunnels in that area. I would appreciate it greatly if you would prove that it's impossible for tunnels to be at that location.

I ask that you prove that anything I've said is wrong. I have no personal knowledge so I must rely on the information I can find. You appear to have access to sources that I don't have. I've shared the flawed information that I do have. Please share the ones that you are using to prove me wrong.

I say again, it appears to me that there are possible tunnels on Oak Island in the areas I designated. You are absolutely correct that I may be wrong. You may believe that tunnels are impossible in those areas or that I am completely wrong about other statements I've made. If so, please let me know what I have wrong and post the sources on this website so we can read them for ourselves.

Until then, I will continue with my "conjectures".

OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
Mark ,you should know when you post anything ..OAK ISLAND you will be hammered on by the naysayers. They wait here to jump on anybody because they really care about you and don't want you to waste your time .
Thanks for your concern. This is my first effort at posting anything. I have a thick skin and don't mind people who disagree. Most make emphatic statements that have little or no substance. It's easy to yell that someone is wrong, ignorant, etc. It's much more difficult to post the proof that someone is wrong.

I posted a lot of specific information and I believe that I've made mistakes. The best way to improve the product is for people to contribute whatever they can to the process.

Thank you again.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can state that there are no tunnels in that area. I would appreciate it greatly if you would prove that it's impossible for tunnels to be at that location.
Proving a negative isn't possible. They could dig up the entire island to a depth of 1000 feet and someone is bound to say, "Yeah but, the treasure was 1001 feet deep."

What you can look at is 220+ years of zero evidence of any treasure, money-making schemes with planted teasers, and inconsistent stories riddled with gaping holes. Oak Island theories are a dime-a-dozen, give us 11 more theories and I'll send you a dime.

OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
Proving a negative isn't possible. They could dig up the entire island to a depth of 1000 feet and someone is bound to say, "Yeah but, the treasure was 1001 feet deep."

What you can look at is 220+ years of zero evidence of any treasure, money-making schemes with planted teasers, and inconsistent stories riddled with gaping holes. Oak Island theories are a dime-a-dozen, give us 11 more theories and I'll send you a dime.
I'll work on the next 11 ;-) Your statement is true on the absolute scale. The question from my standpoint is that if someone is going to say I'm wrong about any aspect of what I post, show me. I'm 100% positive that I've made mistakes. The next question, did that person actually read what I wrote and critically think about it? My sister has a $10 bet with me that no one would ever read all of it.

All I'm saying is, find where I'm wrong and post the evidence that proves it. The only way I can learn is if someone will share with me. I'm posting everything I can as quick as I can.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone can take maps, play around with geometric patterns and come up with any number of ways to provide markers to anything.

There was once a website that professionally debunked all hoax island fables, old and new. Then the laginas purchased the site and took it down hoping to extend their fictional show’s life. That’s what some would call a, “clue”.

Other here have written many fictional stories about hoax island and when they get debunked, they come back with entirely new ones. The last was alien batteries I believe.

OP: Do yourself a favor and read back thru the years of posts here regarding hoax island.

Any fictional theory that you believe you can promote has probably already been tried.

OP
OP
M

Mark Wright

Sep 8, 2022
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone can take maps, play around with geometric patterns and come up with any number of ways to provide markers to anything.

There was once a website that professionally debunked all hoax island fables, old and new. Then the laginas purchased the site and took it down hoping to extend their fictional show’s life. That’s what some would call a, “clue”.

Other here have written many fictional stories about hoax island and when they get debunked, they come back with entirely new ones. The last was alien batteries I believe.

OP: Do yourself a favor and read back thru the years of posts here regarding hoax island.

Any fictional theory that you believe you can promote has probably already been tried.
So, what you are saying is that you are positive that I am wrong, and you know where the evidence is located to prove it. I don’t know where the information is, and you will not give me any clues except that I need to “read back thru the years of posts here regarding hoax island”. It’s exceptionally easy to tell me to search when you know that I don’t know where to look. Who’s on fantasy island when the only resource you offer starts with, “There was once a website”. At least I post my research and fantasies so everyone can learn, reject and/or ignore.

I’ll ask you again, “Why do you care if I waste my time?”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread