Possible site of a old stagecoach station

TwT

Dec 4, 2006
Lincolnton, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. GT
Was at the Doctors the other day getting a check up and was talking to some older folks I meet just this year, we was talking about how much the town has changed in the 20 years I have lived here, they were born here and was telling me about old historic home sites and a stagecoach station that was the the last stop between Athens to Augusta Ga, and it also when into Sc. from there. I am close to where it was but just haven't got in narrowed down yet, I am within 1/4 of the site but it has some homes and a few businesses there but there is still hope because it also has more empty lots than occupied one's. the older gentlemen called and told me he would show me where it was at (but didn't say if it had a building on it or not) , it was there when he was a kid. well I tried to find it myself but will take the help :thumbsup: . well got to get time for him to show me and then get permission but will post pictures of the area and any finds, its just something how good info can pop up like that. just thought I would share how I found out about this stagecoach station.

OP
OP
TwT

TwT

Dec 4, 2006
Lincolnton, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. GT
Re: Possible site of a old stagecoach staion

maybe I should ask this, has anyone ever hunted a stagecoach station? and what should I expect to find?

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Hi there, TwT, That was a good piece of unexpected info. There could possably be quite a variety of things at a stagecoach stop. Besides your usual bits of harnesses and things normally found around a barn of those times, you never know what the different passengers might have dropped. Those coaches carried people from all over, so there could be relics
from anywhere. Then there is always the chance for whatever coins, tokens, buttons, or anything metallic that they
might have carried. It could be fun going around a place like that.

There are probably others who are from your area that could come up with more things. I wonder what you might turn up
that would be hard to identify right offhand.

I wish you the best of luck with some really good finds. Let us know what you do find when you get to it.

Ray karenray08

K

Kentucky Kache

I've never hunted a stagecoach station, but I know what you mean about how leads can pop up when you're not expecting them. Sometimes it seems like leads are looking for us. I hope you do well there.

OP
OP
TwT

TwT

Dec 4, 2006
Lincolnton, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. GT

Thanks for the tips and kind words! I am suppose to meet him today but there is a chance he said he might go out of town this week end, might have to wait till next week end, it ain't going no where so guest I will have to wait and see when he can pinpoint it to me and I can hunt it. But it is something when info like that just falls in your lap :thumbsup:

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
hey TwT, sounds exciting to me. love history. just no telling what might be there. oh the thrill of the hunt. even if you find no earthly treasures there, a new friend is a treasure you could not touch with money. be blessed on your hunt. oh yeah, i love otis. the AG show is one of the best ever. dean in TX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread