Possibly my final find

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_9720.JPG DSC_9724.JPG Hey guys found this old button with a strange design,looking at the shank it looks real old.any thoughts? I also recently found out i have 4th stage cancer,it came out of nowhere,60 years old and decent health i thought,been detecting Salem co. NJ for over 20 years and have found some amazing items but i have really enjoyed this site as i have been a member since 2008 and love seeing what everyone else found and the story,so as i was laying on the couch the other day with extream back pain. i medicated my ass and decided yes you guessed it to go metal detecting for possibly the last time.this 1723 house was what i needed and the amount of wonderful relics i found there thru the years was unreal i thanked the people who let me detect there when i got there.so i never asked their last name and it was Harvey, i remember finding a colonial period family crest button that when i looked it up it was the Havey crest wow what where the odds? i will present it to them soon.but i know one thing for sure i will miss detecting,it was my favorite hobby with fishing a close second. so i thank everyone on here and if i get the another chance i will detect again,even in heaven. p.s. if any you guys near me want to come down here i will show you some places to hunt,if i can walk then i'am going too.

Upvote 31

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the faith and be strong! There are a lot of us praying for your recovery. I hope to see many more detecting finds coming from you in the near future.

Kmatch7

Mar 24, 2013
New jersey
Detector(s) used
At pro
Bounty hunter quick draw
Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that’s not your last find. It’s a nice one but not the last. I detect down your way a lot and if you ever want to come with us to our spots or invite us to yours I’m down. Shoot me a message. Wish you the best regardless hang in there.

Edit:I’ve actually detected with you before met you with scolino and quarter hoarder always wanted to link up again talk to scolino and let’s get together

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
That's some tough news for anybody to be handed to them. Stay vigilant with a strong will to live and your beating it may just happen. Prayers never hurt for sure and you have mine. Great find too and I hope you can find more.

diabolicalbeans

Oct 30, 2020
W. Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know so many people that have beat cancer, you can do it too just have a positive mindset and something to look forward to, modern medicine is a miracle! Hang in there buddy.

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find. Every day is a gift, a day that the Lord has made. "Rejoice and be glad in it" If you are able, go find a few more bits of history. I love the fresh air, the outdoors, the thrill of the hunt. Maybe the "Oh my God" thrill of seeing silver or gold in the hole! Hang in there, friend.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Stay positive and fight!!

OP
OP
pigeonman

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone for the prayers and inspiration as i will fight and battle till the end,i have too much to live for.good luck and happy hunting

OP
OP
pigeonman

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes i remember well my friend,thanks for the invite and the same goes to you.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pigeon Man , Merry Christmas ! There is healing with Jesus ! We know this because of the Gospel records of our Lord . Through out his ministry , he heals many men , women, and children - even raising
some from the dead ! Jairus's daughter , and most famously his close friend Lazarus ! The apostle Paul
wrote " to live is Christ , and to die is gain ! " Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ !

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool button!My best friend was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer,9 years ago and he,s still here,still going.There is hope buddy and a bunch here will be pulling for you.Jim.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers and hopefully not close to the last and your best best finds are to come. HH

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay well fellow digger

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's terrible news, but don't give up! Like you said, you're in great shape. Therefore there's always a chance. My father-in-law had the same thing (pancreatic no less) and they gave him a few months. He lasted almost two more years and played golf up to the very end. And he was 70 when diagnosed, not 60!

I have faith in you. Keep digging for as long as you can, the exercise and fresh air will do you good! Do NOT give up. We're pulling for you here, and we enjoy seeing cool finds like this one.

Much love and prayers from a fellow treasure-hunter in New York!
XXOO

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
god bless and happy holidays

vp