Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Announcing the
ā€œPost Your Best Findā€ Contest
Sponsored by Ground EFX
At Treasurenet.com

MX50.png

Hi Folks,
Treasurenet.com is hosting our first ā€œPost Your Best Findā€ contest, and the grand prize is a brand new MX50 Metal Detector from Ground EFX.

The Long and Short:
Post a photo and brief story about your best find, whether it be a coin, artifact, painting, baseball cardā€¦anything. The winner will be chosen at random.

Details and Disclaimers:
Post only one photo please. The grand prize will be shipped directly from the manufacturer to the lower 48 states only. All members in the lower 48 are eligible. Entries must be posted in the official contest thread to be eligible. Entries can be current or past finds, but must belong to the member posting. Any entries found to be fraudulent will be disqualified. Contest ends on July 15th, and the winner will be announced on July 17th.

Happy Hunting!
The Treasurenet.com Staff

MX50-LCD-Front.png

Ground EFXā„¢ STORMā„¢ Series MX50 Metal Detector
New Entry Level Digital Metal Detector!

Grand Prairie, TX ā€” Ground EFXā„¢ offers a family of metal detectors that emphasize advanced, yet simple-to-use equipment and focuses on feature-packed models that lead to more treasure and less junk! Ground EFX introduces the STORMā„¢ MX50 that incorporates basic technology for the entry-level hobbyist with economical value.

The STORMā„¢ Series of digital metal detectors deliver the latest revolution to the detecting world. The lightweight fiberglass and polycarbonate construction makes the STORMā„¢ Series MX50 very durable and ideal for long hunts. The eight metal categories and adjustable discrimination, in conjunction with the three elimination modes, make it easy to detect coins, jewelry, relics and much more. The STORMā„¢ MX50 is equipped with eight HD identifying audio tones for superior acoustic balance. The pinpoint mode provides signal strength and depth indicators to maximize target acquisition and identification quickly. The large, simple-to-use interface is visible in low-to-high light conditions. The quick release extension rod design adds up to 14ā€ in length for all ages and heights of hunters, while the adjustable arm guard with strap is beneficial for layering in cold temperature treasure hunting. The 8ā€ circular submersible coil can find treasure while eliminating trash and junk. The unit operates with (6) AA batteries and is backed with a 1-year limited warranty.​

STORMā„¢ MX50 Features:
ā€¢ New lightweight easy to use frame
ā€¢ Extremely durable fiberglass and polycarbonate construction
ā€¢ Large, simple-to-use digital interface
ā€¢ 8 metal categories and adjustable discrimination
ā€¢ 3 elimination modes: All-metal, Coin, and Jewelry
ā€¢ 8 HD identifying audio tones
ā€¢ Signal strength and depth indicators in pinpoint mode
ā€¢ Quick release extension rod design, adds up to 14 inches
ā€¢ Adjustable arm guard with strap
ā€¢ Can detect quarter sizes coins up to 8 inches away
ā€¢ 8ā€ circular submersible coil
ā€¢ Operates on (6) AA alkaline batteries (not included)
ā€¢ Weight: 3 lbs
ā€¢ 1 year limited warranty

FOR MORE INFORMATION ā€” VISIT GroundEFX Metal Detectors
About Ground EFXā„¢: A brand under Synergy Outdoors established to provide reliable equipment that leads to more treasure and less junk, capitalizing the hunterā€™s time in the field. Building on ā€œgetting outdoorsā€, Synergy solved the need for feature-packed metal detectors at an affordable price.

ALDEEZ777

Jul 14, 2014
Davenport, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my Cincinnati permit and found my first Indian Head that day. It my oldest to date. Pretty toasty but still a find. But best find was a 1946 wheatie. Found it with my 9yo daughter on her first outing. Not the holy grail but the most precious. find
92b40191b7582ac95ae1e476058187b6.jpg

ALDEEZ

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I was water hunting on the west coast of Florida and finding the usual stuff when I was about ready to call it a day.

There was a very faint signal on my PI machine when I was chest deep in the calm surf. I marked the spot with my toe and set my scoop into the spot and started to dig.

After the third scoop, the target was still in the ground. It was a bit difficult to dig while in chest deep water, but after the third scoop I was invested in this hole.

It took a while to finally dig this out. When I did, it was a blob of hardened shells and such. It wasn't iron, so who knows, might be something good.

I had to use electrolysis to get the crustacean off little by little. It was a slow process watching the ring emerge.

Once free, the silver ring shined up nicely.

Nobody, to date, has been able to identify the marks on the ring, other than to say it's silver, old, the stone is Onyx, and it was the result of non-modern jewelry making techniques.

My favorite ring to date.

IMG_2354.jpg

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best find to date was a Confederate reef buckle. I found the reef half in Jan of this year and after two more trips to the same spot I found the tongue in March. Probably the best find I will make. It will be hard to top. If I hadn't found the other half I probably would have exploded. Couldn't sleep for two months. Also found sword hook from the belt three feet from buckle cs buckle.jpg Thanks for looking

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best find was when I had cabin fever 18 months ago and stumbled onto T-Net. By reading many threads in the forums that peaked my curiosity I learned how to set up my detector I bought 3 years earlier and began my journey in this hobby. My best find with my metal detector was at the Brick House on 6/14/2015 when I dug the 1812 5 Francs coin. The road in front of the house was an old Indian trail. This may be the reason the coin was lost their since the town was not settled until 1818. The house on the property was built in the 1880's after it was sub divided from the lot owned by the people who lived next door.

Below is an extract from my Post on 6/14

Went back to the brick house today hoping to pull some IHPs or at least something from the 1800's.
I am running BOOST process and changed direction from (East to West) to (North to South).
As soon as I got there, it started to drizzle.
No fear, I won't melt. Within a few minutes it cut loose.
I went to the van and got my poncho, a little rain was not going to chase me away.
First target was the bullet. On my 3rd row I get a big hit next to the sidewalk.
I dug down 8 inches, nothing in the plug.
I pulled the pro pointer out and when I put it in the hole it was going off. Must be a little deeper.
To make a long story short I pulled my 1st Big silver, and it's from the 1800's! An 1812 Napoleon Empereur 5 Francs coin. I am stiil stoked even though I dug it about 4 hours ago.
The wife normally does not get excited regarding my hobby nor the finds, but she had to take a pic of that coin to send to her pops. Pulled 3 more wheats (1935, 1944, & a 1951-D. Only 2 memorial pennies.

20150614_134713.jpg 20150614_134738.jpg

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpg My best and most unique find would be a mid 1800's Tiffany @ Co 18k gold ring at my favorite site. Thanks for looking, Mike

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best find, early in my detecting hobby, has to be the WW1 military infantry ring that I found in an old yard in Ft. Myers, FL. The ring itself was designed by a jewelry firm called Ostby and Barton from Providence, Rhode Island. The back story is the Ostby fellow perished on the Titanic, yet his daughter survived. The World War saw doughboys returning from "over there", and rings were sold as commemorative keepsakes for their time in the service. A year after I was lucky to find it, a career Infantryman reached out to me, inquiring about its availability... turns out, it fits him perfectly.
001.JPG

Thankyou for this great contest!

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
My best find was while coin roll hunting nickels. I found the same die break error on the reverse of 2 2013's. Less than a year later I then found a similar break on the reverse of a 2012, possibly proving that the mint was using the same dies across years. My local coin dealer was dumbfounded but impressed. I still look at newer Jeffs hoping to find more of them.

Attachments

• DSC_0535_DxO-c.jpg
    DSC_0535_DxO-c.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 739

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
What the heck, why not :)

I received this in change last year. That delighted me more than digging one up! In change from the store!

1920 Buffalo.jpg

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It is really hard to pick just one, however, I will go with my oldest dated coin. While detecting in Philadelphia, I was afforded the opportunity to hunt a house built in 1747. While hunting the front yard, near the walkway to the door, I got a nice solid high tone, dug a plug, and this beauty appeared. 1837 large cent.

Attachments

• IMG_20150609_183454_944-1.jpg
    IMG_20150609_183454_944-1.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 771

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I have so many finds I think are great in my eyes, whether a crusty toasted copper or a cool button. I guess I will have to go with one that is really my "best" though.

1st Place:
A pewter sundial made by famous mid 18th century pewter maker, Josiah Miller. A very similar sundial with a slightly different design is on display at Colonial Williamsburg and another one at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Colonial Williamsburg even made some Souvenir Reproductions of the exact same sundial they have on display with Colonial Williamsburg's Mark on the bottom, I can't believe I have a sundial that some museum gift shop trinkets are based off of. I am going to put this find on loan at the local town museum in the next few days, and make an appointment talking about some of my finds and there context.
Here is an article about my kind of sundial at colonial williamsburg

Did I mention that I found it with one of my first detectors that I got in my first three months of metal detecting, from June 2013 to July 2013, it proves that it's not the machine that matters, it's what you do with it.

Anyways, Here it is.
sundial.jpg

If I did not pick this I would have picked my second place relic, my silver ornately designed monogrammed shoe buckle fragment, given as a gift on a special occasion. But I feel that the sundial is quite a bit better due to it's historical significance.

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is definitely not my most valuable find but to find a pin this old with the picture still so visible really made me feel closer to the history of my home town.
It remains the favorite piece in my collection thanks for looking ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435273797.088605.jpg

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
This is definitely not my most valuable find but to find a pin this old with the picture still so visible really made me feel closer to the history of my home town.
It remains the favorite piece in my collection thanks for looking View attachment 1179431

May not be valuable but would be priceless to me. Very awesome find in great condition, I hope you win:thumbsup:

Oldest photo I found was a 1970'S Polaroid photo on the surface :p

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It remains the favorite piece in my collection thanks for looking View attachment 1179431

That's one awesome find. Personal items like that are hard to top. If in my collection it would be priceless. This would get my vote.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was on a tot-lot tour after work a few weeks ago, and was really hitting the "nothing." After 4 tot lots and only pennies, I was just about to give up, but decided to literally head "outside the box," and detect the grassy area around the tot lot under the trees. I was about 3/4 of the way around, having dug at least a dozen pop tops, and I got an erratic signal. I was sure it was trash, but since I'd already had a bag full, I stopped and dug it. As a rule of thumb if I have erratic signals, I always dig on the side of the target that has none (in case it's a chain or necklace). Wow, was I surprised when I unearthed the silver cross with gold accents. My habit totally paid off, too, as the silver chain trailed off into the grass roots above where I had dug. It took a good minute or so to untangle from the roots, and I simply put it into my pouch, thinking it was costume jewelry. Still, a fun find! The next day, when I got around to cleaning the dirt off of it, I was totally surprised to see "925" and "12K" stamped in the back of the cross! A quick search revealed I had a silver "antiqued" cross with Black Hills Gold leaves. Love it!

Skippy IMG_2330.JPG

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always try to stop by my parent's house after a weekend hunt to show my Mom the "treasures" I've found and this time she wanted to see how my metal detector worked. I got it out of my truck and was showing her the it worked when we got a nice sounding hit in their back yard. I dug a small plug and handed her my HF pin pointer to check the hole. You would have thought she had just found Amelia Earhart's airplane when this little ring came out of the ground :) We spent the rest of our time digging holes in the back yard...me with the detector and her with the pin pointer. They have lived in the house for just over 54 years and she had no idea who the owner of the sterling ring might be. It made her day as well as mine. r.jpg

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know for sure if it's my best? But this 4 Reale is way up there for me! Next after my chain cent!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435702858.231899.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435702873.398955.jpg

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always try to stop by my parent's house after a weekend hunt to show my Mom the "treasures" I've found and this time she wanted to see how my metal detector worked. I got it out of my truck and was showing her the it worked when we got a nice sounding hit in their back yard. I dug a small plug and handed her my HF pin pointer to check the hole. You would have thought she had just found Amelia Earhart's airplane when this little ring came out of the ground :) We spent the rest of our time digging holes in the back yard...me with the detector and her with the pin pointer. They have lived in the house for just over 54 years and she had no idea who the owner of the sterling ring might be. It made her day as well as mine. View attachment 1181593

Awesome story pinball. Lost my mom in Feb. You'll treasure that day.

PatrickH

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1435703884735101566062.jpg I found this on the beach metal detecting, looks to be gold or Platinum.. any expert advice I could use it. Thank you

Attachments

• 1435703788223-656678137.jpg
    1435703788223-656678137.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 680

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, since I don't see a note saying Moderators are disqualified, I'll add mine.
You's can Ignore If we are excluded..... Right ? :thumbsup:

Although the 14K Gold 1/4 K Diamond Mason ring on My Profile. can
be confirmed lost 1:41 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on June 17, 1948
when United Airlines Flight 624, a Douglas DC-6 crashed outside of Aristes, Pennsylvania,
and found by me on the 55th. anniversary year of the crash. is my most valuable find.

My Best Find in my Mind was this Circa 1940s. Mills dime Slot Machine,
that I found in a drained Lake with 4 dimes still in it.
I was able to get the story that the police raided all the clubs in the area.
then loaded the slots in a truck bed & used a sledge Hammer on them.
then dumped the remains coins & all in the deepest part of the lake.
though most of the people Laughed at me, saying it was all a fantasy

this one, & pieces of others proved me right
DSCF0007(1).JPG

closest I can find to an original match
44-01.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread