Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fob1.jpg

18th or early 19th century Masonic Jewel, solid gold (approx 14k). Hollow inside cavity. Found at the site of an 18th century church in South-Central Pennsylvania. Recover several LC's and an early cut silver from the same location.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a Puppy Paw U.S. Buckle with the makers mark J.I.Pittman. They only made them one year and that was in 1839. I found in Schuylkill County Pa. the first year i started detecting. Talk about beginners luck... Happy hunting and good luck to all !!!SCN0174.jpg

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
well, since I don't see a note saying Moderators are disqualified, I'll add mine.
You's can Ignore If we are excluded..... Right ? :thumbsup:

Although the 14K Gold 1/4 K Diamond Mason ring on My Profile. can
be confirmed lost 1:41 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on June 17, 1948
when United Airlines Flight 624, a Douglas DC-6 crashed outside of Aristes, Pennsylvania,
and found by me on the 55th. anniversary year of the crash. is my most valuable find.

My Best Find in my Mind was this Circa 1940s. Mills dime Slot Machine,
that I found in a drained Lake with 4 dimes still in it.
I was able to get the story that the police raided all the clubs in the area.
then loaded the slots in a truck bed & used a sledge Hammer on them.
then dumped the remains coins & all in the deepest part of the lake.
though most of the people Laughed at me, saying it was all a fantasy

this one, & pieces of others proved me right
View attachment 1181606

closest I can find to an original match
View attachment 1181610

Man!! That might be one of the coolest finds I have seen on here. I have heard about slot machines being thrown in a lake and always wondered if anyone has found one, I guess someone has!

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
My favorite find to date would have to be my 1853 seated half dollar. Me and a buddy were detecting a location we call bullet hill. We were within speaking distance of each other when I got a nice 86 hit on my at pro. Before I could dig the hole he called me over to show me a big copper he just pulled. As I walked back to my signal I thought come on ground it's my turn and sure enough it was!

Attachments

• 1435794473838.jpg
    1435794473838.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 623

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I Started this hobby on 3/10/2014. Really picked up hunting time after my purchase of an ATPro on the 27th of that month.
Found a little bit of stuff but not untill July did I find my first CW bullet( Sharps Ringtail ).

In Oct. and Sept. I had to be off work for medical reasons and my therapist told me to pursue my hobby daily to keep my mind busy.
So about 9:00 am on Sept 4th I was sweeping a section of a local battle field when I get a Faint high tone with scratchy beginnings and endings.
So I dug this up. 14" deep.

IMG_0481.JPG

I can date and time stamp the loss of this spur and what side lost it.

On July 27th 1864 between 0600 and 0700
Gen. Richard Gano with 600 Texas Cavalry ( including the Famed Gano Guards ) and Confederate Choctaw Indians
Attacked 200 of the 6th Kansas Cavalry and 100 of the 4th Arkansas Infantry ( Arkansas Federals ) Commanded By Major David Mefford
who had a large herd of horses on a big Prairie
6 miles southwest of Fort Smith ( which was held by the Federals ).
The battle lasted less than an hour with a Confederate victory.
The interesting thing about this spur ( Tnet experts have told me it is a Texas pattern ) is it had been repaired by a Blacksmith and 2 holes drilled in the short end so that it could still be worn.

Southern troops in the Indian Nation and Southwest Arkansas were very poor and ill armed and clothed. They took everything they could carry and tried to burn everything else.
I love trying to get the history of the objects I find.
Well thanks for reading and the entry.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You all do have some nice finds and I hate to enter this one because.... well everybody's can't compare to this one!

This horseshoe is the original shoe from the front left leg from Mr. Clarks horse. He lost it while going through Tennessee with Mr. Lewis. You know "The Lewis & Clark Expedition". I hate to brag but I also think I've found one from Lewis's horse from the right rear leg also. I just haven't confirmed yet. After I do these pair of shoes will be priceless as a pair. There are some imitation's around but I have the original's from some early famous explores. None of these shoes are for sale (well maybe?).

Attachments

• S6300779.JPG
    S6300779.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 683

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these 13 points while digging a piece of buckshot from a buck and ball load at a Second Seminole War fort site. I first thought that I had found a milk glass bottle in the hole, but when I flipped it out...to my surprise...the first of these popped out! I recovered the buckshot ball, and moved on, but my dad convinced me to go back and check the hole for more...and I was soon pulling them out by the handful! It was a nice cache of points that hadn't been touched by man for thousands of years! The 3 broken ones had apparently, been broken while being made, and the bases were nowhere to be found, although I did find the flakes from their manufacture in the area. It was the day after Christmas 2012, but I can remember every detail like it was yesterday! A find of a lifetime, made all the better that I was able to share it with my dad, and our hunting buddy!

artifacts 005.JPG

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite find, but perhaps not my best, is a condition find. A King George the 2nd from 1734 in amazing dug condition for somethig that could have been in the ground for 280 years. Found it this year 13" under the ground with my CTX3030. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436972259.134048.jpg

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
My favorite find sure isn't my most valuable monetarily but in terms of family value, it is priceless. A few months back I took my stepdaughter out with me as she started showing interest in detecting. We went to a place within walking distance of the house where I pulled a civil war breastplate a few years back. This spot had no reason to hold that breastplate so I didn't expect to find any more war type items but hoped to luck into some coins or other relics. I struggle to find common ground With an 8yr old girl but after our find, we now have common ground in the love of detecting. We managed a civil war sword scabbard throat and a musket trigger guard in that hunt and she was even more excited than me. Since that hunt we have hunted together often and her love for the sport is growing faster than she is! Here are the pics, with that smile, how could any other item be my favorite :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 724
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 686
OP
OP
F

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND THE WINNER IS:

It is really hard to pick just one, however, I will go with my oldest dated coin. While detecting in Philadelphia, I was afforded the opportunity to hunt a house built in 1747. While hunting the front yard, near the walkway to the door, I got a nice solid high tone, dug a plug, and this beauty appeared. 1837 large cent.

Carolina Tom, Pm me your address and we'll have the manufacturer send it right out!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Woo Hoo... New free metal detector!

I would just like to say 'thanks' to everyone, out there on TNet, for voting me "Most Likely To Win A New Metal Detector". I promise that I will uphold the high standards of this coveted position, and do my very best to find some treasure worth posting on TNet.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woo Hoo... New free metal detector!

I would just like to say 'thanks' to everyone, out there on TNet, for voting me "Most Likely To Win A New Metal Detector". I promise that I will uphold the high standards of this coveted position, and do my very best to find some treasure worth posting on TNet.

Yeah, and work really hard towards world peace and ending world hunger too! Congratulations on winning yet another metal detector.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AND THE WINNER IS: Carolina Tom, Pm me your address and we'll have the manufacturer send it right out!

Congrats Carolina Tom!!!!!

Darn FFARL.... I just confirmed my other old iron horseshoe was from Mr. Lewis's right rear horses leg. So I do have a matching pair of shoes from the horses on "Lewis & Clarks Expedition"!!!! Gee!!!!

OP
OP
F

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Carolina Tom!!!!!

Darn FFARL.... I just confirmed my other old iron horseshoe was from Mr. Lewis's right rear horses leg. So I do have a matching pair of shoes from the horses on "Lewis & Clarks Expedition"!!!! Gee!!!!

Well, it may comfort you to know that the winner was chosen at random, so you could have found a complete chess set carved from George Washington's rib cage and still might not have won it. :)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it may comfort you to know that the winner was chosen at random, so you could have found a complete chess set carved from George Washington's rib cage and still might not have won it. :)

"... winner was chosen at random..."

Whoa... wait a minute, I thought that this was some sort of popularity contest, I am fairly sure that people voted for me to win this prize because of my overwhelming metal detectoring prowess.

And I thank all of you that voted for me!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats Tom, let us know how well it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread