vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
Until a member(s) pipes in - I searched Google and found...

Ladies in Retirement is a 1941 American film noir directed by Charles Vidor and starring Ida Lupino and Louis Hayward, who were married at the time. It is based on a 1940 Broadway play of the same title by Reginald Denham and Edward Percy that starred Flora Robson in the lead role...more...

Napoléon is a 1927 French silent epic historical film, produced, and directed by Abel Gance that tells the story of Napoleon's early years. It is also the only film to use Polyvision (for the finale). On screen, the title is Napoléon vu par Abel Gance, meaning "Napoleon as seen by Abel Gance"...more...

Upvote 0

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hello everyone,

Could anyone give me any information on these posters? These were given to me. I greatly appreciate it.
The Ladies in Retirement is my favorite, of the two. Elsa Lanchester had been in The Bride of Frankenstein in 1935; a true monster of filmdom classic. I believe this film was 1941. If it’s not a reproduction, I’d estimate it at around $50 to the right person. Ida Lupino was famous, but not a huge star. Elsa may make set the value more than Ida.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
H

hogan36

Oct 15, 2013
memphis ,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
Until a member(s) pipes in - I searched Google and found...

Ladies in Retirement is a 1941 American film noir directed by Charles Vidor and starring Ida Lupino and Louis Hayward, who were married at the time. It is based on a 1940 Broadway play of the same title by Reginald Denham and Edward Percy that starred Flora Robson in the lead role...more...

Napoléon is a 1927 French silent epic historical film, produced, and directed by Abel Gance that tells the story of Napoleon's early years. It is also the only film to use Polyvision (for the finale). On screen, the title is Napoléon vu par Abel Gance, meaning "Napoleon as seen by Abel Gance"...more...
Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

hogan36

Oct 15, 2013
memphis ,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ladies in Retirement is my favorite, of the two. Elsa Lanchester had been in The Bride of Frankenstein in 1935; a true monster of filmdom classic. I believe this film was 1941. If it’s not a reproduction, I’d estimate it at around $50 to the right person. Ida Lupino was famous, but not a huge star. Elsa may make set the value more than Ida.
Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread