Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info to have. I just wish I knew how to post a photo. It asks for the "URL", and I have no idea what that is. There is no option to browse for the photo that I have saved to my laptop. Guess I need to get a little more computer savvy.

When you click on the insert image button and it gives you the "URL" box click the area I circled in red. That should switch the options to allow you to browse your computer....hope this helps.

Untitled-1.jpg ---> Untitled-2.jpg

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Garren. I'll try that. Got my fingers crossed. lol

OP
OP
ScubaFinder

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ram - 2nd pic was taken near Radium Springs just south of Albany.

Attachments

• albany.jpg
    albany.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 240

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course some one wants to track you using your phone.......... Can you name 5 people without a cell phone?
VPR

I don't have a cell phone. When I leave the office or the house, I don't want to be reached.

Truk58

Nov 9, 2013
Butler, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good tip, thx for the info. I will be sure not to let that happen.

Kurt

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YEP....I heard that a few years ago from a guy on the radio " ALEX JONES " ...now they sell tv's and other stuff with GPS you CANT turn off..good info

There installing smart meters now on the side of your house and that ties into all electronics wireless...they always know what your doing...

Alex Jones is wrong about that. The smart meters cannot tie into your wireless network if you set it to not broadcast and also have MAC ID permissions on it. There are lots of things that Alex Jones thinks he knows and has actually fouled up. The ammo shortage, for example, was caused in large part by AJ. The government buys ammo like that all the time, because they get big cost reductions. The difference is that the buying public never went on an ammo feeding frenzy before.

Barkeater

Jan 13, 2014
NE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with F4 DD coil. Garrett AT-Gold with stock 5x8 & NEL BIG 15x17 coil. White's MX Sport. Vibra probe pin pointer(RIP)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted photos from this location for a couple years now. If its giving a GPS location I'm hardcore sol. Never heard of this before & I'm curious to know what my photos are giving away. Would anybody mind helping me out by checking the photo I attached & letting me know? Thanks in advance!

112013131845.jpg

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted photos from this location for a couple years now. If its giving a GPS location I'm hardcore sol. Never heard of this before & I'm curious to know what my photos are giving away. Would anybody mind helping me out by checking the photo I attached & letting me know? Thanks in advance!

Your good. Your photo has no GPS data and doesn't even tell what type of camera you used.

Barkeater

Jan 13, 2014
NE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with F4 DD coil. Garrett AT-Gold with stock 5x8 & NEL BIG 15x17 coil. White's MX Sport. Vibra probe pin pointer(RIP)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your good. Your photo has no GPS data and doesn't even tell what type of camera you used.

Thanks Garren I really appreciate it! Thanks again!

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks scubafinder, I wish I would have read this earlier, before I posted " need held id'ing this detector find " on another site.

tokenras

Mar 22, 2014
Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a new member and I appreciate the information.

DiggerB

Feb 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker VI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something to note. It doesn't have to be a smart phone. Plain old cell phones have came with GPS for years and it is defaults to "on". That is how 911 pin points your location if you call in. With out it the closest they can get is the tower your call came off of.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops good to know.

Oct 30, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Garrett at pro
White's prism II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that was my job in the military. There's a lot about the phone systems that would make you wanna throw your phone in the river. I for one will not carry a modern (post 90s) cell phone. I'd rather use a radio with frequency hop.

rareshine5

Greenie
Jun 22, 2014
Osage County, MO
Detector(s) used
Nothing highend- from sears my mom gave it to me for Christmas years ago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lost...I have an Iphone 4 s will it do that with my pictures? If it does, can anyone tell me to disable it- pr even what it is called and I can google disabling it? Thanks

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lost...I have an Iphone 4 s will it do that with my pictures? If it does, can anyone tell me to disable it- pr even what it is called and I can google disabling it? Thanks

Yes the Iphone 4s will do this. To disable it, go to settings --> privacy ---> location services ....at this point you can scroll down and turn it off for the camera....or you can disable all location services.

rareshine5

Greenie
Jun 22, 2014
Osage County, MO
Detector(s) used
Nothing highend- from sears my mom gave it to me for Christmas years ago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the Iphone 4s will do this. To disable it, go to settings --> privacy ---> location services ....at this point you can scroll down and turn it off for the camera....or you can disable all location services.
Thank you - I think I already had it off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread