i would comment on this thread but i'd rather not incriminate myself

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I smoke, have for years. I can still function and do whatever it is that needs to be done, perhaps a little more slowly or cautiously. Never been much of a drinker, I get too stupid and risky on booze.

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I smoke, have for years. I can still function and do whatever it is that needs to be done, perhaps a little more slowly or cautiously. Never been much of a drinker, I get too stupid and risky on booze.

Had a buddy like that back in the Army, he would do some risky stuff when he got drunk like race cops and normally win but it was also in someones car he used to make a food run in at a party. Take the Commanders Humvee out and sink it in the swamp, get the MP's in a foot race wearing another units Company shirt, or his last one run into the PX with a stun gun zapping the heck out people until the MP's show up and then zapping a few of them, taking two of their guns and breaking them down.

I used to have the hardest time standing in front of the Command and keeping a straight face while I got chewed out for his actions. Turns out all he wanted was to get out.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Klinger tried other scams to get out that didn't involve wearing women's clothing. But anyway..... :tongue3:

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I could get as many posts in response to the problems with my Treasure Master Pro. LOL

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hilarious story! I don't smoke, never have, never will. I don't judge those that do - to each their own! I do take hemp oil, food grade, no THC. It stops the numbness in my face and in my right arm but it doesn't reach my index finger, that's still numb. Oh well! I can smooth hot glue with that finger and I don't feel squat!

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Oregon USA where pot is legal. I have a herniated disk from heavy labor making $9usd. I soon will be 30 years old and can't stand potheads. If you smoke on your own time I'm ok with that. But 70% of the people I know spend most of there money on dope complaining to be broke and never seem to stop talking about pressing rossin or distilling. I think its a waste of money that could be used to better your kids life. I cant stand that people need to get high to make everything better. If thats not a drug addiction then tell me what is. You want to make things better, save your money and start enjoying life. You don't needto loose your grip on reality.
I myself dont like how pot makes me feel but if I'm having a bad week I may take a draw from a pipe.
Ps my Dr says to take 1800mg of ibuprofen and 2-3 vicodin a day. No thanks im not going to poison my body. Sucks being outa work though.
My foot, your @$$!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Kitt - been there, done that. Neck injury nearly 20 years ago. Should have healed but didn't. Doctors have done nearly as much harm as good. Some of the suggestions they had I just simply wouldn't allow. Like severing the nerves in my neck. REALLY?? %*_)^!! I had never taken so much as an aspirin in my life. But after awhile, the pain just becomes too unbearable. It's a no-win situation for us, though an all-around win situation for the doctors, healthcare, clinics, pharmaceuticals, pharmacy, etc, etc, etc, AND the gov't! When you get to a point where the pain prevents you from sleeping for days on end, when the pain disrupts your life in every single way, when the pain literally has tears running down your cheeks HOURS each day, trust me....eventually you'll be willing to make a deal with the healthcare devil's (aka: doctors).

Like you, I got high a couple times but didn't like what it did to me. Then again, I didn't have pain then. Got off the hydrocodone on my own and ain't going back! But have also found out I can't just go without.

What you're talking about with the other folks, I agree 100%. There's too much emphasis on the "getting high" aspect, as well as the time wasted.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
There are those that seem as if their attention is unfocused, can't pay attention and are a bit scattered and easily distracted. It's hard, if not impossible, to learn a new piano or guitar riff or even read a book.
They can have an identical twin who seems to be able to focus on learning 500 songs perfectly on their instrument with no apparent problems.
Pot has a tendency to knit these unfocused minds back together so they can actually settle down to get the job done.
For them pot is not a drug of addiction but medical help to help them aim higher and get stuff/goals accomplished.
The opposite may be true of others who aren't distracted by having the ability to focus naturally.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those that their brains seem unfocused, can't pay attention and are a bit scattered and easily distracted. It's hard, if not impossible to say learn 0a new piano or guitar riff.
They can have an identical twin who seems to be able to focus on learning 500 songs perfectly on their instrument.
Pot has a tendency to knit these unfocused minds back together so they actually settle down to get the job done.
For them pot is not a drug of addiction but medical help to help them aim higher and get things done.
The opposite may be true to others who aren't distracted by having a split brain.

73610-The-Dude-White-Russian-perfect-LFNS_0.gif

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those that seem as if their attention is unfocused, can't pay attention and are a bit scattered and easily distracted. It's hard, if not impossible, to learn a new piano or guitar riff or even read a book.
They can have an identical twin who seems to be able to focus on learning 500 songs perfectly on their instrument with no apparent problems.
Pot has a tendency to knit these unfocused minds back together so they can actually settle down to get the job done.
For them pot is not a drug of addiction but medical help to help them aim higher and get stuff/goals accomplished.
The opposite may be true of others who aren't distracted by having the ability to focus naturally.

Yer jokin' right??

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the reasoning behind this theory... and it may hold some truth actually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread