pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I must be honest....if I won that much money I think this hobby would most like take the back burner for a while.

There are just so many new things that sort of money opens up that my time would probably be filled with crazy ridiculous new adventures for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't put it on the back burner at all, just have more fun doing it, #1 thing hire a few contractors and dudes to take over the honey due lists.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's roughly about 40% taken out. But even at that and 800 million...............I will take 480 million for sure. I will start my own metal detecting retail sales business even if it operates in the red to do as fun!!!!!

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
ScreenHunter_89 Jan. 08 21.35.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
with taxes taken out --gimme my cash now --about 500 million dollars --half a billion dollars ...yep jed clampett kinda money
Taking the cash option gets you 500 million BEFORE taxes.

According to a news report I just saw, if I were to win here in Maryland I'd net about 325 million after paying State And Federal taxes.

And what would I do if I won it? I'd disappear. :hello::hello::hello:

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Friend!
With that kind of money I would be at Mecum's auctions also.
I would drive a different vehicle every day...Yes I would purchase 365 cars/trucks. I would also help out my family, friends (yeh even the in-laws..):laughing7:
And donate a lot to worthwhile charities.

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playing the Lotto is just another way for the Government to Tax the Stupid. Well with this kind of money I guess I will be Stupid.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be honest....if I won that much money I think this hobby would most like take the back burner for a while.

There are just so many new things that sort of money opens up that my time would probably be filled with crazy ridiculous new adventures for the foreseeable future.

Just think sitting on a beach in your private cabana, drinking margaritas while you watch the hired help metal detect right in front of you. In bikinis of course. lol

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never understood the logic-

"It's at 800 million, I've got to go and buy 20 tickets!"

3 million is not worth risking of a few bucks?

I have 1 ticket for each drawing, 20 plays in advance. That way I don't have to keep going to the store, and I have 1 chance for each game.

If I won the big one, I'd get really toasted and then hide a bunch of gold coins in the yard of my new mansion.

The next morning I'd (once the headache quit) go find me some really cool gold coins with my new detector.

Oh yeah, and I'd pay for world peace.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure I could figure out a way to spend that money, the only fear would be appearing on that show showing winners to rags....lol

Yes I would have more land then the average person with a couple of humvee's to run around with! :occasion14:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that kind of money I would be at Mecum's auctions also.
I would drive a different vehicle every day...Yes I would purchase 365 cars/trucks. I would also help out my family, friends (yeh even the in-laws..):laughing7:
And donate a lot to worthwhile charities.

That's good to hear.... I'll let you win at pool (every time), believe EVERYTHING you say and if you lie I'll swear to it... FOR YOU BUDDY!!!!!! Haven't I always been there for you... from cradle to grave FRIEND!!!! Your Ole' buddy Brad will be there.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just heard that it now surged to 900 million, now there's enough to retire with an upside to do some good with the money. Now what would that be? My wife said she would provide clean drinking water to all our First Nations.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting---Not sure if I could survive winning that much.:laughing7: I'll let you know though if I do. Drinks for everyone---Coca-Cola. :occasion14:
Marvin

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant 200.000 oops forgot the other three ,000,pepperj your math is fine:laughing7:

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

think I would be hunting some beaches somewhere in the Bahamas for awhile:icon_sunny:after I buy a island!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of buying Greece, but what would I do with the other $899 million?

Mike

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking of buying Greece, but what would I do with the other $899 million?

Mike

Then you could detect your property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread