All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to say that after Barry passed Dave finished the mods. I remember Dave said Barry had already cut the wires and prepped them for the mods. When Dave checked them and saw the mod was started he felt compelled to finish them for me. That's how conscientious Dave was even during that period of mourning.

Barry prepped the director cable ends and wires and did do some mods, but Dave did the majority of the actual mod work on motherboards, I would pour the resin in the end caps to cover the new wires so it would not leak, we pressure tested the mods in water preasure tank then I tested them in our test garden. It is possible Barry started on yours, don't remember, I do remember they were to be delivered to the hunt for you.

Last edited:

FloridaMike

Apr 8, 2014
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000/D, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wonderful background information about a great loss to the detector modification brain pool.

Mike

Last edited:

broome1000

Mar 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally retired and plan on spending some time beach detecting using my Excalibur II. I am interested in having a CTX headphone Jack and coil modification done on the machine. Anyone still following this thread and performing modifications?Thanks

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally retired and plan on spending some time beach detecting using my Excalibur II. I am interested in having a CTX headphone Jack and coil modification done on the machine. Anyone still following this thread and performing modifications?Thanks
The detector center still does the mods and all work. As far as the coil fitting to change out coils. I would suggest if you hunt "in saltwater" best to keep all hardwired. I think the only setup that lasted were the SS fittings and no one uses them as far as I know. But the PP mod and M-12 fitting mod (headphones) will be fine with those offered at the service center. Out of the water or a occasional dip you will be fine with all...

https://www.detectorrepair.com/

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you also contact Tony Eisenhower for headphones and Excal mods. He did and does all mine.

Reactions: OBN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread