Pre 1982 percentage in rolls?

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Got 2 $50 bags of rolled cents and have been going through them in the last couple days (my 12 hour a day job doesn't allow me to get through them too quickly). I'm halfway through the first bag and the percentage of pre 1982 is running about 45%. Not many wheats, but quite a few Canadian (being in ND).

Many of the pre 1982 are shiny 70's and only 1 or 2 shields per roll. Just wondering what others out there see for average percentage on the zinc/brass ratio?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MT_Joe

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Coppercrazy. Forgot to mention these were MWR shipped in from a state bank.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't search a lot of pennies - just CWRs from two branches that set them aside for me. I don't keep count of pre-82s, but I would guess that they are around 20-25% of each roll. 45% seems really good, especially for MWRs.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Got 2 $50 bags of rolled cents and have been going through them in the last couple days (my 12 hour a day job doesn't allow me to get through them too quickly). I'm halfway through the first bag and the percentage of pre 1982 is running about 45%. Not many wheats, but quite a few Canadian (being in ND).

Many of the pre 1982 are shiny 70's and only 1 or 2 shields per roll. Just wondering what others out there see for average percentage on the zinc/brass ratio?

I usually only do MWR and my spreadsheet tells me I average right under 17% (16.892% to be exact) copper...this includes copper wheaties AND canadian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread