Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of history here, like every place else of course. Looked over a dinosaur trackway in Mill Canyon, checked out my favorite pictograph at the mouth of 7 Mile Canyon, drove on down to Newspaper Rock, a great display of petroglyphs. Went to Hamburger Rocks and spotted some interesting potsherds. Lot of evidence of tool making at that site, but didn't see any points.
6-1ccc.jpg
6-1eee.jpg
6-2bbbb.jpg
6-2dddd.jpg
6-2ffff.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utah is probably my favorite state. Been all over it camping over the years. Last time I was at Newspaper rock there was no fence or anything to keep you from the rock.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It don't think it was there the first time I visited a few years back, Treasure Hunter. Maybe. People pretty much leave it alone anyway. I had gone there the first time with the intention of camping but found out the campground right by there was shut down, as a flood washed it out. We went on up to Hamburger Rocks, which I thought was great. Maria calls Hamburger Rocks something in Spanish that loosely translates to, 'You ever take me camping in this place again, I will steal the keys to the truck and you can walk home.' Trust me, it's a great spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread