Price at the Pumps

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some companies apparently producing and selling vehicles that use a gas engine to power a generator and use electricity as the primary fuel for the majority of the time. My neighbor has a Hyundai that does that supposedly. It's an SUV and averages 38mpg. Pretty darn good for an SUV. All just based on what he's told me though so take that for what it's worth.
I,m a little behind on that tech,so I can,t comment intelligently on it.Not sure if it has batteries charged by the generator or not.I think the price is way up there too,at least for me. Promising though,if they can get the price down.

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m a little behind on that tech,so I can,t comment intelligently on it.Not sure if it has batteries charged by the generator or not.I think the price is way up there too,at least for me. Promising though,if they can get the price down.
I think he said $38K out the door for the SUV. 38mpg is good but not world changing and surely not enough for common folks to justify spending nearly $40K over what they already own. Regardless, it still uses oil. I wish there was a good source or maybe even a pipeline or two here in the US to help with that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a $40,000 vehicle with $5,000 down, 6.75% sales tax, 2.99% interest over an 84-month loan car payment would be $500 a month. on 72 months $573, on 60 months $677, on 48 month $834.

How many average Americans can afford that. No way in hell would I ever do it.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gassed up at Costco for $3.65 for the 9/10th a gallon and had to wait in a line for my turn at the pump. Wouldn't of waited if I didn't need to go there for other things.

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once bought a 1987 Yugo paid $400 in 1998. It had an inline 4 cylinder motor with 55 horsepower with the top speed of 84mph. The thing was a bucket of bolts but it also had a amazing 48 mpg. It was voted by Car Talk as the Worst Car of the Millennium. I sure wish I had keep that car.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once bought a 1987 Yugo paid $400 in 1998. It had an inline 4 cylinder motor with 55 horsepower with the top speed of 84mph. The thing was a bucket of bolts but it also had a amazing 48 mpg. It was voted by Car Talk as the Worst Car of the Millennium. I sure wish I had keep that car.
$500 and your wish could come true

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread