Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it appears the Xcal will have another increase.... they like their machine. Looks like this will give Fisher an opportunity to increase the CZ21 as well..... by about 30%. Im sure those prices will also be reflected in repair costs and used prices will increase. Im sorry, but i don have a glimps of the big picture i guess since neither have made any improvements that i can see. One called it production costs the other ..... well it cant be because the dollar has fallen AGAIN.... so id have to say its because they can. At this point i see no need to buy new..... looks like finding a good USED machine and paying for any repairs is the smarter thing to do. I know some will say just find another ring or two.... or three, but even thats been a challenge this year with all the sand and cool weather. Id just like to see something..... ANYTHING that would make me feel like im getting something for that extra money.

Dew

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS long as we keep paying, they'll keep selling.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
friend of mine is still selling cz21 for $1125 shipped ---think that is what he always has

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Current price is about that Casper..... but the increase isnt here yet. Cant blame Fisher..... its dumb not to keep prices close to ML, but moving it up a bit slower over a couple years wouldnt be nearly as shocking an increase. What gets me is there just isnt anything new about either machine.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess in the end, they can charge what the market will bear. In fact, there are many people who make the purchase decision on price, with the assumption that a more expensive detector is a better unit. However, you would think they would make some improvements and change the model number prior to any significant cost jump. In fact, I don't see any difference in the capabilities between the old Fisher CZ20 that I have owned for almost 20 years and the CZ21 that I have had for about 4 years, except the different pinpoint button (which I changed out to the CZ21 copper button on the 20). One would think Fisher could actually lower the cost by now, if for no other reason than electronic components generally have reduced in price over the years, plus they must have recovered all of their R&D. It is a great detector, but there ought to be some refinements they could make.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess the only good is there will be less new hunters with xcaliburs and CZ21's in the future...

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This means more ATpros on the beach :laughing7: lol hh gl -Joe

I guess the only good is there will be less new hunters with xcaliburs and CZ21's in the future...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is still the CZ-6a for wet sand. Tiger Shark and Sand Shark's, also the White's BHID. Lots of others, heck, many work in the dry sand, even the ATP.

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for Whites and Tesoro to step it up and come out with a good VLF machine that is saltwater capable.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why doesn't Garrett make a dual or multi frequency VLF water machine? How about a dual frequency AT PRO...I would like to see Fisher make a lightweight CZ21 or a waterproof F75...Tesoro could make a dual frequency Tiger Shark for saltwater...lots of room for the major companies to expand.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is still the CZ-6a for wet sand. Tiger Shark and Sand Shark's, also the White's BHID. Lots of others, heck, many work in the dry sand, even the ATP.
Why don't you see very many Whites BHID at the beach?...I see mostly Excals and CZ21s...are they that much better than the BHID?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Current price for excal 2 is $1499.00.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

โ€œA well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.โ€
โ€• James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May just be me, but the real price is the difference between what I paid for detector and what I can get for it when I sell it. If I paid $1500 and can sell it for $1100-$1200 3 years later then my out of pocket expense for detector is $300-$400.... 3-4 small gold rings and its paid for...

Both my excals I bought used then customized them, I would have no problem getting every dime I have in them back if I wanted to sell them.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you see very many Whites BHID at the beach?...I see mostly Excals and CZ21s...are they that much better than the BHID?

I don't know why we don't see BHID's more often. They work well in the water and wet sand. Only thing that bothered me was the floating coil but that also made it easier above water like on the wet sand.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is why I love golf so much. Its because all the golfers are on the course and not out clogging up my fishing hole! :laughing7:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

This is why I say that you can get a Tiger Shark and a Sand Shark and cover everything. You could have both for the price of a CZ21. Or you could simply just get the Sand Shark only and dig to china for everything. If you never went into the water, you could get a TDI Pro, then you'd really have to have a good shovel and a strong back, haha!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat the excal when it comes to beaches and being able to tell when Its iron or not.....With the reverse discrimination pinpoint and 15" coils mods it is a totally new detector and it's amazing..

โ€œA well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.โ€
โ€• James Madison

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't quota me on these prices but they came right from the Minelab website

OBN0346.jpg OBN0345.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat the excal when it comes to beaches and being able to tell when Its iron or not.....With the reverse discrimination pinpoint and 15" coils mods it is a totally new detector and it's amazing..

โ€• James Madison
How does it ID iron better than the other machines?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread