Priceless treasure found!

HandsomeStranger

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

First of all, I would like to say that I am new to this site and love it! I am an experianced Arizona outdoorsman and a novice treasure hunter. Recently, I broke my back and have been out of work. Needless to say, my activities have been severely limited and I spend much of my time inside my house, hoping the day comes when I can put my boots and backpack on and explore. So you can all imagine my surprise when, at this lowest of points in my life, I discover my most valuable treasure to date!

My journey began, in front of my computer, reading a story about the treasure that has inspired many to begin hunting, the "Lost Dutchman's Goldmine". The story, itself, was a good one and contained the signpost/symbol which led me to find my treasure. The signpost/symbol to my treasure was a link that, when clicked, led me to an old comment section, in which, the author discussed his research with various readers. One of these readers soon tookover and overwhelmed everyone else on the site with his unique brand of wisdom, in regards to history and treasure.

The sheer absurdity of what this person says has become the biggest treasure that I have ever found. In the darkest time of my life, the laughs that I have had reading this gentleman's posts are worth more to me than any spanish gold, Wells Fargo silver, or paleo arrowheads. (once I can walk again, we'll see if I still feel this way about their value!) Even if this person turns out to be the most sucessful treasure hunter of all time, I will always laugh when I read his posts.

According to him, he has found/located every lost treasure, mine, cache, and historical site. He is not Christ but the second coming of Christ. He always claims to take pictures of his finds but always loses them due to some technological glitch. He connects the "Black Death" to uranium poisoning to a ledge in the Arizona desert that he saw while flying in a commercial jetliner due to "a golden glint shining in his eye" to the "Lost Dutchman's Gold" to the Knight's Templar. Also, English must be his second or third language and grammar a rumor he once heard about.

I was so entertained by this guy that I googled his moniker and traced him to this site, where I have happily continued to read his posts.

My treasure goes by the name "the blindbowman". Alas, while writing this post, I noticed that his last activity was in 2008, I was actually disappointed and almost deleted this before posting it but he really is entertaining and ,perhaps, one late night, when you have nothing better to do, you'll enjoy his research as much as I did.

Anyways, I am really glad that this site is here to read and I hope to exchange ideas and stories with everyone, soon.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stranger
Welcome to Tnet
I have seen some of the bowman`s posts and have enjoyed them too....what a Hoot !!.....hope you can soon enjoy your outdoor life again.
Best Wishes
Gary

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to TreasureNet!!

I think we all miss "BB" in one way or another.

Take care of that back and hope to see you around.

AJones

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drat I hoped it was me

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet Stranger,

Some how I couldn't get myself to calling you handsome :laughing7:. Sorry to hear about your back, hope you get to feeling better soon.

One of my favorite B.B. reads was when he was pointing out the "misteaks" on Einstien's theories. He started some threads back in 2012, but it's been awhile that I haven't heard of him.

You can go to page 3 of the Lost Dutchman Mine, to the "2011 Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous" where he prepares for the trip to Arizona to prove his theory, or you can go to page 17 of that thread to meet the man.

Homar

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I never had the pleasure of reading Blindbowman's posts, but here is a little known Marty Robbins song that seems to go along with the other songs on the thread. if you've never heard it you will like the ending.

Last edited:

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HandsomeStranger

You just waltz in here and you get bushwacked with a bunch of Ballads.
Its just our way of saying howdy and we hope your back in the saddle soon.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I love Marty Robbins. Always have, always will. Alas I never got to see him in person, but his music will always be a part of me. I remember that song, but haven't heard it since I was a kid. Thank you for sharing it.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know, I pretty much stopped listening to Country and Western when they took the Western part out. Now days Country is just twangy Rock and Roll, (IMHO of course).

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
You're right, he was an interesting character. I did some googling at the latest I could find was Oct '13. With an email link: User:The Blindbowman I'd have to look but he might have been one of those who warned then disappeared in the last crash. Seems like there were a couple of those on various sights I go to. Wonder what they know that we don't (and how they know)!

OP
OP
H

HandsomeStranger

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again!

Thanks for all of the kind words (and songs! lol) For the record, lest someone thinks that I am conceited or really good looking, I chose my name, tongue in cheek, because it seems that every forum, no matter the subject being discussed, has a few "experts" that know everything. You can usually recognize them by their over the top but serious to them names like, "sharpshootersniper", "faster.than.earnhardt", "myabsarerockhardyougirlieman" or "prodigeebrain". As for the songs, I love old country, especially "outlaw country". As far as my own personal anthem, I think I will choose the old Mac Davis classic, "Lord, Its Hard to be Humble". How is that for a shameful lack of modesty? lol

On the topic of treasure, I am blessed to live in Phoenix, Az. From my homebase, I can travel in any direction and be on the trail of any sort of cool thing, that you can think of. When I am healthy, I like to walk and explore; the feeling of a well-stocked backpack gives me delusions of being Roy Chapman Andrews, Kit Carson, or just some anonymous adventurer who found a nice fat stack of Spanish gold and was smart enough to keep it a secret.

For a few years, I have been playing around with a site, that I hope holds something cool. It has the potential to contain anything from old mining gear, outlaw relics, Native American artifacts, or nothing :(. It all started, a few years back, while I was hunting in the desert, north of Phoenix. As I was walking, I noticed a cave or mine that was located about 3/4 of the way up a steep mountain. It is located at the base of a twenty-something foot tall wall, high on the steepest side of the mountain, behind a small tree, which hides it, at most times of the day. The shadow of the tree is so effective at hiding the cave/mine, that I wonder if it is there on purpose. The cave/mine side of the mountain is steep and covered with too much The back side is a tough steep hike that leads to the flat top of the mountain, about a hundred feet higher than the wall that the cave is at the base of. This mountain is just one of many peaks in a small area and ,as such, is nothing special. It is out of the way, too steep for livestock, featureless, in other words, there is nothing up there, screaming, "come climb me!", except for what may be a very hard to see mine or cave. On the top of the mountain, there are a couple of fire rings that have not been used in a very long time. From the top of the mountain, there is a small saddle, followed by a slighly inclined walk, which leads to a spot on top of the wall, over the cave/mine. Without ropes, there is no safe way to get down to it.

So, this is where I stand. Until, I recover from my car accident, I am stuck being a book/computer worm, dying to get outside. I have a semi-hidden hole, on the side of a mountain, that I can not get to. I have evidence that someone(s) spent time around a fire ring above it. I have not been able to locate any stories or myths of a lost mine/cave or hideout in the area. The general area has been mined but I believe mining stopped pre-WW2. There are also a lot of Indian ruins, in the area.

Where do I go from here? Is there a way to find out if someone filed a claim in the area? Were Native Americans known to dig mine-like holes, for any reason? Anybody have any suggestions, what so ever, to help me with research on this project? I will be posting addional info, in the appropriate forum spots. Thanks, again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread