Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're just nails and screws, but I'm convinced they are pieces of a puzzle and that --- soon enough --- I'm gonna find something real cool. (I guess that's the delusion that keeps us all going, huh?). Regardless, it's still really neat uncovering them. These have all been thrown in a tumbler with some vinegar and bb's for a couple hours to clean them up. Someone speculated that some of them look like they could date back to the late 1800's. Which would jive with the history of this property.

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3676.jpg
    IMG_3676.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 7

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're just nails and screws, but I'm convinced they are pieces of a puzzle and that --- soon enough --- I'm gonna find something real cool. (I guess that's the delusion that keeps us all going, huh?). Regardless, it's still really neat uncovering them. These have all been thrown in a tumbler with some vinegar and bb's for a couple hours to clean them up. Someone speculated that some of them look like they could date back to the late 1800's. Which would jive with the history of this property.

Happy hunting!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lean towards electrolysis to conserve my older nails and spikes.....but I like how yours turned out. Remember though, rust never sleeps. Even after surface treatments, rust can return. Just have to get them out and check them from time to time.

OP
OP
Dougie Webb

Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lean towards electrolysis to conserve my older nails and spikes.....but I like how yours turned out. Remember though, rust never sleeps. Even after surface treatments, rust can return. Just have to get them out and check them from time to time.
Thanks VN. I've tried that too with good results, but my wife is growing tired of my science experiements in the garage!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread