Privy dig anyone?

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Any update information?

The weather is very coldest and snow here, but the cool/warmer will come soon.

Richard

Feb 8, 2008
Charleston, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings! I am new to the hobby. Just purchased a Spectrum XLT and am getting to know how to use it. I live in Derby, KS (a few mile south of Wichita. I would love to got on dig with you all. My e-mail is [email protected].
DerbyDigger

dumpdigger

Nov 30, 2008
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XLT, Vaquero & Fisher 1280
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to privy dig a lot before moving to Arkansas City. I am just learning this area. I starting diging dumps and privys in the mis 1980s in western Ks. I do quite a bit of metal detecting in the winter too if anyone is interested in hunting or diging togeather.

OP
OP
rebelLT

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Sorry I haven’t responded to this post lately. WINTER is upon us here in Southeast Kansas and I have time to research and line things up. The spot I have lined up for a privy dig is a location where a railroad hotel was located adjacent to a railway between 1885 till about 1930ish. The Sanborn map shows a double sided privy (for the hotel) and another privy from a nearby business within a few yards. The area is now devoid of any structures so I think it should be a good site. I am thinking of doing this in conjunction with a TNET members hunt on another site and maybe digging and screening the floor below a couple of a couple of turn of the century businesses. I'm thinking maybe the privy dig on Monday and Tuesday, the digging and screening on Wednesday and Thursday, and the hunt on Friday and Saturday. The area of the Hunt will be in the Pittsburg and Girard Kansas area and possible into the Ft Scott (Bourbon County area). The hunt itself will be in an area that dates from around 1870 though I don’t want to be too specific about this for obvious reasons. I will need some help from some experienced privy diggers to help me out. I am thinking about the week before the FMDAC convention, which will be held in Kansas City this year on the 16th, 17th, and 18th of October. These are just preliminary plans and I am interested to see how many people would be interested in attending. Please email me if you have any questions, opinions, or ideas.

Thanks
RebelLT

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun to me count me in rebelLT any chance of smores afterward? :tongue3:
Great idea. :thumbsup:
Burdie

Mar 7, 2013
Eureka is
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I've been coin hunting for about 12 years now and have been thinking about doing some privy digging but not sure how to get started. I would love to go privy digging. I live in eureka

Zerzavy

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2013
Junction City, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I've been coin hunting for about 12 years now and have been thinking about doing some privy digging but not sure how to get started. I would love to go privy digging. I live in eureka

I'm also interested, but last time anyone posted on this page was over 3 years ago

barberman

Oct 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 1.5 hour north of you in Osage City, did my first privy dig last year. Lots of fun but very hard work. For me, the easiest way to find a privy is with copper dowsing rods, then verify with steel probes.

Rick

Last edited:

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find barberman. We just purchased a home from 1900 and will be detecting and digging this spring can't wait. We have all ready uncovered 1880's stuff near an older foundation on the property. Good luck Kansas hunters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread