prizm 3

Z

ZumbroKid

Congrats on the new detector, Whites prizm 3 still a good machine, but i do believe it is a discontinued model. It is comparible to the Brewster F2a Buffalo. But in the hands of a skilled detectorist such as yourself you should making many interesting finds. Happy hunting!

I

iwearpro

Hello,Atually the Prizm 3 is one of the newer models by Whites. I own one and have to say is best bang for the buck. The depth is good to 8 + inches and showes you pretty much what is in the ground. I love mine!

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
iwearpro is correct, it is a newer moded and for the money it is a great maching, I have one, was my first machine last year and love it!, pretty much tells you what is in the ground, EXCELLENT at pinpointing and also nice and light, I just recently bought a whites XLT but kept my prizm for a back-up I love it so much

only down fall I found about the prizm III is in high trashy areas but whites is supposed to start making smaller coils for it soon, I also recently seen where they now offer the 950 coil for it and big foot coil.

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have owned a prizm III for 8 months now and I love it...target ID is accurate, depth readout is accurate on coins and other targets coin sized, and I have also found coins at 8+ inches (20.3cm)....larger objects I have detected at 12 to 15 inches (30.5 to 38.1cm)

The search coil is water proof, but the control box is only water resistant.....I left mine out in the rain one night by mistake and it still works fine...I have hunted in rain too with no problems

detector uses 2 9V batteries and lasts a long time - up to 20 hours

I hope this helps!

HH

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
nevrdundetecting said:
I have owned a prizm III for 8 months now and I love it...target ID is accurate, depth readout is accurate on coins and other targets coin sized, and I have also found coins at 8+ inches (20.3cm)....larger objects I have detected at 12 to 15 inches (30.5 to 38.1cm)

The search coil is water proof, but the control box is only water resistant.....I left mine out in the rain one night by mistake and it still works fine...I have hunted in rain too with no problems

detector uses 2 9V batteries and lasts a long time - up to 20 hours

I hope this helps!

HH

Thanku!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread