Production Company Looking For Experts on Skeleton Canyon/SW Treasure Hunting

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a ton of material for you to mine for years Cole. Your heart will have to be in it for success. 82611 062.JPG

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Iam so glade i was able to make you laugh today Tiredman. Laughter for me is so healing and rejuvenating,i love it. Here is a Aztec/Mayan Chief from that area. I like how modest he is with only two feathers. He is starting to get his Jaguar cloak on in shadow form, complete with fangs and the 3 claw hand holding on to a helmet head. Seeing is sometimes believing. Great health to you with the laughter. View attachment 1694077 View attachment 1694078

Actually you wrote that one post pretty well.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
They don't need a publisher, it can all be done on their laptop. Cover interior the whole ball of wax.

I agree that you can write the book, and even print the book. But it's a long, lonely road to walk if you have to pay to have it printed in bulk, promote it, get stores to carry it and navigate all the aspects of the publishing industry. Even if you sell it online you are but one author bobbing around in a sea of hundreds of thousands of authors who are trying to do the exact same thing. Never underestimate the power of having a good publisher--or television show behind you to do all the drudge work.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
MiddenMonster you don't need to print in bulk anymore, today they have print on demand. Stores? Amazon largest in the world. Promoting is easy and my market is not book stores. Your thoughts on publishing are one in many floating around in a sea of those who think they know what they are talking about. Lol

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually your words are commonaly used by those who don't achieve. You need only to picture something for it to be.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
MiddenMonster you don't need to print in bulk anymore, today they have print on demand. Stores? Amazon largest in the world. Promoting is easy and my market is not book stores. Your thoughts on publishing are one in many floating around in a sea of those who think they know what they are talking about. Lol

I agree that you don't "need" to print in bulk these days. But the printing cost per unit is higher when you don't. Economy of scale is a fact of economics. If it weren't, there would a lot more people manufacturing custom cars for the public. With the NLE (non-linear editing) software now available you don't need a big production company to produce videos. 12 year old children can make them. But for the vast majority of people, getting the finished product in front of viewer's eyes is the biggest obstacle. That's where it helps to have an established production company like those that seek participants on this forum. Chances are virtually nil that someone producing their own TV program is going to get a channel like the Travel Chanel or other major channel available on satellite or cable to air it. But hey, there's always public access cable...and YouTube, where there are tens of thousands of starving, wannabe producers trying to get their foot on a ladder.

Actually your words are commonaly used by those who don't achieve. You need only to picture something for it to be.

That's just absolute nonsense. ideas are a dime a dozen. Good ideas are a dime a dozen. Planning, logistics and perseverance are what lead to success. The ideas that are good and succeed are but a tiny fraction of the ideas that are conceived. 90% of small businesses fail, regardless of how good the initial idea is. More than 90% of restaurants fail no matter how good the food is. One need only look to the plethora of inventor help commercials and websites that promise to help you get your idea into the marketplace. Most never make it. A small percentage get to the level of being one of those 1-800 products advertised on TV (double your order for a small fee!). The vast majority never make it out of the inventor's garage, despite being "pictured". And then there is the music business. It's just as easy to compose and record music as it is books these days. But how may eardrums does most of that music ever reach? There are probably millions of authors at any given time who have not only "pictured" their books, but finished them as well. But it's a tiny number of them that actually break even for their authors. If yours are a success, great. Congratulations and more power to you. You are the exception. But no matter how you slice it, having the power of big industry behind you gives you a better chance of success than not having it behind you. And agreeing to appear on programs like this Skeleton Canyon show, regardless of whether it's done for free or for compensation increases the chance that a publisher or another television program will take you seriously and help you get up that ladder.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Since this thread started we launched 2 more books, close to 900 pages of material. My print cost for author copies is the same for 1 as for 999. Your logic is pretty old school. I grew up reading books by common publishers like Double Day and Bantam. I believe they have folded long ago. Maybe my stories could be submitted to Lost Treasure or Western and Eastern, I forgot they folded as well. Many services you mentioned are leaches and are not needed. My first book was picked up by our airport gift shop that was over 400,000 passing thru. We got into Wall Drug that is 4 million stopping there. It just takes a bit of planning. Making it on the Travel Channel only took posting brief stories on this site to get contacted.

PartisanRanger

Feb 17, 2018
Farmington, Missouri
Detector(s) used
2@Garrett Master Hunter CXIII with depth multiplier, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett pro pinpointer, Garrett Ace Apex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to say that I am not in this to be on any TV production or to make money. I would donate some of my material to be utilized for this project to prove this legend to be true.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
That's why I do my books, to look at the facts behind the stories to see if they could possibly be true or if there are major problems. Things change over the years as they are told and retold.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you need comic relief I can play the role of fish-out-of-water Eastcoaster who’s never stepped foot in the desert. I can be over-dressed or under-dressed, out of shape, scared of snakes and shadows... but convinced the treasure is just around the corner...hijinks ensue !

(My travel to/from filming locations, food and lodging etc will need to be expensed, of course).

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The Loot ended up stashed in a hole they dug .

that Hole was covered up , the Wagon they used was set over it and Burned .

The exact final resting place of most of the Loot , is 2 miles North of Tula Rosa New Mexico .

it is still there .

How would I know that ?

I am Roger Snow , his letters to his Family while he was awaiting to be Hanged , Described exact events , and location of the Treasure .

So the two question that immediately pop into my head are, 1. Why is the treasure still there? 2. Why hasn't anyone gone to get it?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If any of you live near the Zona / New Mex border, actually KNOW the area, and want to be on TV, private message me. I'm meeting with the Manhattan production company on Monday. I'll have more specifics after the meet. Serious Inquiry's please.:skullflag:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Make sense if I relate that I personally have no interest in recovering it , and that I am perhaps the only living Member of the Family
who knows it's exact locale ?

Real Simple now , It's there , I have enough Treasure Sites to burden my life , ever have problems enter your life because you located
a Real Treasure ?

Well, I have to admit that I've never been burdened like that. But tell you what...I've always had a fascination with Trinity. So if you want to unburden yourself a little bit, tell me the exact location I'd be happy to head out that way for the Open House on the first Saturday of October. Right after that I'll head up the road to Tularosa and try to recover the loot. I'll take all the hassles, risks and government shenanigans, and split the net 50/50 with you. I'll even try to bring you back a souvenir of Trinitite, as long as I don't get cheesed by the Man in the process8-).

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll play the guy that sits around all day watching cartoons and eating cereal out of a huge bowl but I need a super hot girlfriend for the show of course.

No posers Johnny. :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm under the impression the idea died in production.:skullflag:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing that came from the thread is all 5 of my Wyoming books are done. On to the Black Hills.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know a couple of guys that worked on this one pretty hard in the 70's.. They both knew KVM and GC quite well... For what it's worth my honest opinion on this one is, the bird has flown......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread