Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.thehistoryblog.com/

When will this end? There is such respect for Native American graves, yet around the world “professionals” eagerly dig up corpses and revel at how preserved their body is. SHAME. 800 years is nothing!
Are there any other sciences which you despise?

OP
OP
T

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any other sciences which you despise?
Only the sciences who’s primary focus is desecrating peoples loved ones after they are carefully buried for eternity. Those remains will end up on display as an exhibit at a museum. Something inside me says that’s wrong. I’m probably in the minority.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only the sciences who’s primary focus is desecrating peoples loved ones after they are carefully buried for eternity. Those remains will end up on display as an exhibit at a museum. Something inside me says that’s wrong. I’m probably in the minority.
Probably. It's an understandable position to take though. But everyone is long dead, including "loved ones." The opinion you state comes across as a superstition to me, but you're entitled to hold it.

OP
OP
T

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably. It's an understandable position to take though. But everyone is long dead, including "loved ones." The opinion you state comes across as a superstition to me, but you're entitled to hold it.
It should have come across as RESPECT not superstition. They find some great treasure digging up bones, just like the grave robbers of the past.

I get it, when construction accidentally disturbs old burial grounds, the remains need to be relocated and that they can be studied while doing so. Lots of skulls sitting on shelves and in drawers in gov. funded buildings.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of what we know about ancient history comes from the grave.

OP
OP
T

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bah humbug. Just because we learn something doesn’t mean I have to like how we go about it. ; )

At what point do you say we have learned enough and stop at digging up every ancient grave we can find. Will that day ever come? Or will we have professional grave robbers forever? I’m using the term “Robbing“ as in removing the human remains from their eternal burial location, gathering as many religious, ritualistic, spiritual, honorary, material objects as possible to use as props to back up the archaeometry theories.

I know I’m arguing a losing argument, but I’m entitled to do that after all,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread