Public fishing access today

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I decided to try a spot other than my own property. We have a lot of small parking areas to accommodate public hunting and fishing in this county . I went to a river access. No one else was there. First I want to point out what pigs a lot of people are. The county provides a great place to fish on the river bank. Trash left everywhere; I stress…not from flooding. Food sacks, dirty diapers, even garbage sacks from home. Any way, I did find quite a few used 12 ga shells. Also found a R P .380 Auto casing and a car key. The key was about 5” deep. I doubt it was a recent loss so I’m not pursuing the owner to return it. When the water goes back to normal level, I hope to search the sandbars near the bridge. It was nice to find something that wasn’t rusty.👍🏼

Attachments

• 72FF4AD2-5FC5-46EA-817F-8DD0BB72025D.jpeg
    72FF4AD2-5FC5-46EA-817F-8DD0BB72025D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 10
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It's the same all over the country. People are too lazy, ignorant, and just down right slobs to care where they throw their garbage
I agree. I am MILES from being perfect, but I was raised to, hike, camp, hunt & fish without leaving any sign that I had been there. You take something into the timber, you bring it back out. The only thing I had permission to leave was in the event of a bathroom break.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to try a spot other than my own property. We have a lot of small parking areas to accommodate public hunting and fishing in this county . I went to a river access. No one else was there. First I want to point out what pigs a lot of people are. The county provides a great place to fish on the river bank. Trash left everywhere; I stress…not from flooding. Food sacks, dirty diapers, even garbage sacks from home. Any way, I did find quite a few used 12 ga shells. Also found a R P .380 Auto casing and a car key. The key was about 5” deep. I doubt it was a recent loss so I’m not pursuing the owner to return it. When the water goes back to normal level, I hope to search the sandbars near the bridge. It was nice to find something that wasn’t rusty.👍🏼
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year, the spot that I dug the gold coin in was full of beer cans and bottle caps that we picked up. (About five trash bags full)After the trash was cleaned up we cleaned up the jewlery the party goers left behind. - Any water place that people drink alcohol and horse play is bound to have something good lost there. Just a matter of time.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Last year, the spot that I dug the gold coin in was full of beer cans and bottle caps that we picked up. (About five trash bags full)After the trash was cleaned up we cleaned up the jewlery the party goers left behind. - Any water place that people drink alcohol and horse play is bound to have something good lost there. Just a matter of time.
I like your perspective. I do plan to return. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions