Pulling the trigger on a Deus 2

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been giving it much thought and have decided to get the Deus 2.

I do not get out to detect as much as I would like currently.

I put that into consideration before I made my mind up.

While trying to justify a purchase of a unit That cost above 1000.00 for the amount of time I am able to detect.....it really isn't something I would normally do.

However.....after watching one of Gary Blackwells video of the larger target ID of the deus 2 and also the mono program.....it made me want to go ahead and pull the trigger as the mono program sounded very much like the original deus

So this week my plan is to go ahead and order the package with the WSII backphones.

I was thinking of the 11" coil but I believe I am going to stick with the 9 inch coil since I detect in the woods and that is a better size to get in and around trees.

After it comes I am going to pull out my Deus and do a little testing.

I am curious if the single freq vs multi freq has an effect on target numbers on objects buried.

Also I am seeing Deus users say they are hitting deeper targets out in the field too.

I am looking forward getting a new detector.

I thought of selling my Deus to help fund the purchase of the deus 2 but I think I am going to hold off and keep my Deus as a back up or for a friend to use as to me ....the deus is the best unit I have ever owned.

I was originally going to get the new legend and try it as I know they are well made....but I talked myself out of it over 2 reasons.

It doesn't have a 0-99 numerical scale and also I do not like the universal symbols for the control settings.

I have read that those who are already used to the XP menu system will have an easier experience operating the deus 2.

I was really hoping XP would have offered the deus 2 lite set up already but they are holding back.

I see on their website it says the lite configuration will be coming soon but I am going to go ahead and get the wsii package they offer.

Anyways....no technical info here....just sharing my thoughts on getting a new Deus 2.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll like it. I have had mine since spring but it is too hot right now. It DOES go deeper. I got a tiny gold coin and a plain style Confederate buckle from depth where friends and I had been to a LOT in the past. My knees are gone, but even with less time out, I find it's BETTER time out there with Deus 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll like it. I have had mine since spring but it is too hot right now. It DOES go deeper. I got a tiny gold coin and a plain style Confederate buckle from depth when friends and I had to a LOT in the past. My knees are gone, but even with less time out, I find it's BETTER time out there with Deus 2.
That is very inspiring.

It is too hot and dry here right now as well but I know fall is right around the corner and the weather will break a bit.

What was the small gold coin you found?

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also went with the 9" coil & I just got the new WSA 2 waterproof headphones

I do think i am going with the 9 inch coil.

The ws2 phones should be very much like the ones on the ORX.

I like the fact that it turns off when the remotes turns off.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MULTI has many advantages over single freqs..I D will be one of the first things you notice.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great choice on the machine! I don't think there is a better machine out now than the XP Deus II!

Your gonna love it! Definitely makes old pounded-out sites new again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread