Pump requirements for using 5 inch suction nozzle/jet log to lift 4.5 ft above water

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High pressure centrifugal pump, 450-600 GPM 11hp-16hp or two 6.5hp 250 GPM each
the elevation and position of the venturi jet above the water level will effect performance.
shorter suction hoses, angle the jet up and have it dump onto your box, the lower you can get your box the better.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard VikingMinerGRL! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

OP
OP
V

VikingMinerGRL

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Thanks a lot for the answer..
Is there articles or literature I can read that can give me a deeper understanding of venturi jet performance, suction hose elevation and stuff similar to this.??

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not very many articles related to venturi's in mining you could look for some on pumping water, pumping performance curves and such.
I usually look at what the miners and other people do on their dredge builds then look at what I can optimize, a 2% increase here a 2% there,

An older page then you can also click on "getting the best performance" in the links at the top of the page.
https://www.gouldeng.com/stech.htm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread