Put the Manticore to the test on a hard beach!

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This beach is a good test area for any metal detector. It was a steam railroad depot at the end of a stone wharf used throughout the 1800's and then used as a public beach thereafter. The area is littered with coal cinders, hot rocks as well as the scattered remains of several shipwreck from the 1800's. It has been hunted by many treasure hunters since the 1970's but due to the age of the area and the level of iron and coal cinders it still has items to be found down deep in the sand. I'm sure the local guys will recognize the site and hope they give it a try there but its a hard one the coal cinders have traces of iron and can be a problem. I hope everyone enjoys the video it was shot over three low tides in two days! .

Attachments

• 20230321_122327.jpg
    20230321_122327.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230321_170550.jpg
    20230321_170550.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • 20230321_122336.jpg
    20230321_122336.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Upvote 12

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
What a wonderful world of history we can uncover while using the newest technology.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great VIDEO Thanks for sharing with us. What program ?

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t even hunt there after seeing all of the rocks. I know it’s hard digging, I hunt an area that looks similar but it’s covered with oyster shells.
you have some interesting recoveries looks like a smorgasbord of finds.

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
This beach is a good test area for any metal detector. It was a steam railroad depot at the end of a stone wharf used throughout the 1800's and then used as a public beach thereafter. The area is littered with coal cinders, hot rocks as well as the scattered remains of several shipwreck from the 1800's. It has been hunted by many treasure hunters since the 1970's but due to the age of the area and the level of iron and coal cinders it still has items to be found down deep in the sand. I'm sure the local guys will recognize the site and hope they give it a try there but its a hard one the coal cinders have traces of iron and can be a problem. I hope everyone enjoys the video it was shot over three low tides in two days! .

Nice video thanks for sharing with us... Stay in touch Whydah

OP
OP
SCUBACAPECOD

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice video thanks for sharing with us... Stay in touch Whydah
It was my pleasure to meet you and waterwalker today and swap a story or two best of luck to the both of you I'm sure to see you on the beach!

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
It was my pleasure to meet you and waterwalker today and swap a story or two best of luck to the both of you I'm sure to see you on the beach!
Thanks for stopping by and it was a Treasure pleasure see you in the water. Pictures Please? send to my phone Thanks

OP
OP
SCUBACAPECOD

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for stopping by and it was a Treasure pleasure see you in the water. Pictures Please? send to my phone Thanks
Hi Whydah Looks like i overwrote/deleted your pics as i was working on a file sorry maybe next time they were not good any way sun glare off the water sending text for gear list.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Ditto on Whydah's post. Can't wait to see some of your dive videos. The water is warming, but slowly. Enjoyed the story swap.
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in you scoop.

OP
OP
SCUBACAPECOD

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ditto on Whydah's post. Can't wait to see some of your dive videos. The water is warming, but slowly. Enjoyed the story swap.
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in you scoop.
Again it was my pleasure to meet you guys !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread