Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club

JamesE

There were members at the Dome Rock RV park I was at that were coming home from the Clubs' claims with at least a few small pieces everyday using Goldbug II's :icon_thumright:. Membership was $15 in '09.
Those of you that want to go on the total cheap or dry camping vacation, Quartzite is surrounded by BLM (free 14 day/move camping) land. Some BLM pay areas have toilets and showers, water and dump :hello2:.
The B-10 (RV) Campground on the main drag in QZ was allowing tent and van camping in early 09. They have full hook-ups, showers, toilets, laundry, (all very clean when I was there) and free wi-fi (get as close to the office as possible for best reception). BUT......the RV spaces are SMALLLLLLL!!!! OK for short term and great for voyeures but if I can park my 29' Class C and be able to pee on the next RV, (an estimate and not yet proven! :dontknow:) That's a SMALL space! Ask what's available and look before you choose.
The traffic totally SUCKS in the Dec. to Feb. "Vendor Season", which the rest of us call Winter.
Fast food, Safeway, Albertsons, and Kmart in Blythe,CA (17 miles by interstate).
I'm not shilling for B-10 or the club, just offering info for MD'ers if someone wants to MD Quartzite :read2:.
jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread