Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I remember her Coronation in '52. In '53, I bought the 106 stamp collection of GB and her Colonies and Dominions that celebrated the Coronation. Unfortunately, both the Queen and Stamp Collecting have passed on. 'Long live the Queen'; she certainly did.
Don....

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was some lady. I have one British 2 pound unc. coin dated this year and one 5 pound note I got from the bank once. I'll keep them. I saw here in Baltimore in the 1980's or such with George Bush.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do my posts keep getting deleted? I simply said in jest that Meghan Markle should take her place. Has everybody lost there sense of humor these days? That's pathetic!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why do my posts keep getting deleted? I simply said in jest that Meghan Markle should take her place. Has everybody lost there sense of humor these days? That's pathetic!
It certainly was, when one can't define the difference in setting the filter in showing a little empathy toward the membership, and the general public that view these posts.

We lost our Queen yesterday, so our country as many others will be mourning for a period of 12 days.
(I fully understand the rooted history of the British/US but this not the time and place to express such)

Actually there's a time and place to post such, and your familiar of that place.
To openly post up such comments is a tad callous to say the least.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It certainly was, when one can't define the difference in setting the filter in showing a little empathy toward the membership, and the general public that view these posts.

We lost our Queen yesterday, so our country as many others will be mourning for a period of 12 days.
(I fully understand the rooted history of the British/US but this not the time and place to express such)

Actually there's a time and place to post such, and your familiar of that place.
To openly post up such comments is a tad callous to say the least.
My philosophy on such a matter is one should include a bit of levity in events rather than drown in melancholy.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My philosophy on such a matter is one should include a bit of levity in events rather than drown in melancholy.
Mine is, there's a time and place for such.
It's even incorrect to label it as "melancholy"
Folks have an obvious cause-to not see that is-well I guess it just going beyond understanding.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was some lady. I have one British 2 pound unc. coin dated this year and one 5 pound note I got from the bank once. I'll keep them. I saw here in Baltimore in the 1980's or such with George Bush.

It’s a sad day for most Britons. Remarkably, about one in three of our current population have seen her in person. I have, but only from a distance, although I did personally meet her former consort the Duke of Edinburgh, and also their daughter Princess Anne.

Some interesting fall-out arising from the new monarch. New monarchs get to choose their β€˜regnal name’, which isn’t necessarily their Christian name. Alexandrina chose to reign as Queen Victoria (her middle name); her son Albert chose to reign as Edward VII (also his middle name); and Prince Albert Frederick Arthur George chose to reign as George VI.

There was speculation in the past that Prince Charles might choose to be George VII (avoiding comparisons with previous King Charlies who have a bit of a chequered history) but Charles III has been confirmed.

There is a long tradition on our coinage that each monarch’s portrait faces in a different direction to their predecessor, so Charles will face to the left if he follows protocol. There was an exception when Edward VIII insisted on facing the β€˜wrong’ way because of vanity relating to his bald patch and comb-over, so pattern coinage was prepared showing him left-facing like his predecessor. But he abdicated without any coins being issued in his name and the tradition resumed as if he had faced right.

The other tradition is for the regnal titles on coins to be in Latin (for Charles it should be Dei Gratia Rex Fidei Defensor), together with a latinised equivalent of the monarch’s name. So, James became IACOBVS, William became GULIELMUS, George became GEORGIVS and Edward became EDWARDVS. The issue didn’t arise for Victoria since it’s already Latin, nor for Elizabeth because it doesn’t really have a proper Latin equivalent. Neither the Palace nor the Royal Mint have confirmed it, but I suspect Charles will break the tradition to avoid being β€˜CAROLVS’.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unpopular opinion but I don't much care about royalty. Everyone dies at some point she was old. Not special just someone born into power. Life goes on.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Queen in my opinion was All Class, as Royalty is expected to be, but the Queen was much more than just Royalty. She had a personal, humble side to her persona. How many Royals anywhere can say, they not only served in the military, but was a mechanic? The Queen did. She was truly of the "Greatest" Generation. Our American Condolences to the UK in the loss of the Queen. For many Americans here in the U.S., We feel we've lost an adopted Queen. God Rest the Queen πŸ‘‘.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Queen in my opinion was All Class, as Royalty is expected to be, but the Queen was much more than just Royalty. She had a personal, humble side to her persona. How many Royals anywhere can say, they not only served in the military, but was a mechanic? The Queen did. She was truly of the "Greatest" Generation. Our American Condolences to the UK in the loss of the Queen. For many Americans here in the U.S., We feel we've lost an adopted Queen. God Rest the Queen πŸ‘‘.

Amen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread