JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People, it's not so much about royalty...she was a human being! And a class act on top of it.
Lots of class act people die every single day. She is only raised above everyone else for what she was born into. At most her family deserves to mourn her and give respect. If she would of been a regular person no one would of cared. I find royalty to be something that is not anything special.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of class act people die every single day. She is only raised above everyone else for what she was born into. At most her family deserves to mourn her and give respect. If she would of been a regular person no one would of cared. I find royalty to be something that is not anything special.
Again, it is NOT her being a Royal!

She was a kind and decent human being!!

Sure she got the "Golden Ring" by being born who she was, but she did many, many good things with that privilege.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, it is NOT her being a Royal!

She was a kind and decent human being!!

Sure she got the "Golden Ring" by being born who she was, but she did many, many good things with that privilege.
She had a position of power to do so. Lots could of done the same. Lots of regular people do a ton of good and no one cares. I just have not been one to care for things like this.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did she ever have dirty fingernails?
Ever clean a toilet?
Ever worry about having work so she could feed her kids?
Ever deny herself things to see her kids have something?
Ever make due about clothes, a car, a house?
I’m saying she had it all for nothing
I care more about the normal people who struggle everyday.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I'll add I've got nothing disrespectful to say about her and respect the culture behind it to her countrymen.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She could have been like Hitler or the like.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever clean a toilet?
Well for one instance during ww2 she joined the military and became an auto mechanic!! Hows that ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the age of 19, Princess Elizabeth joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS). After joining, she trained as a driver and mechanic with the rank of Second Subaltern.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no doubt that many Americans don’t understand or see her contributions the way others may.

What most of us see is another elite surrounded by her gilded castle, living a life supported by untold amounts of money amassed through generations of squander and manipulation.

Given the state of our world many more people recognize the games played by the ruling class and are no longer star struck by the glitter. I can’t look at any politician, ceo or other enormously wealthy person who’s in the limelight and feel like they in any way represent the common good or every day contributing people.

Given the number of scandals surrounding the royal family in the last few decades I find it hard to believe she would be completely oblivious to them or have a clean hands in regards to them.

As I mentioned if you feel a loss for that I am genuinely sympathetic. Loss is tough. I do however feel that looking for support without contradicting views on the internet of all places a fools errand.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have no doubt that many Americans don’t understand or see her contributions the way others may.

What most of us see is another elite surrounded by her gilded castle, living a life supported by untold amounts of money amassed through generations of squander and manipulation.

Given the state of our world many more people recognize the games played by the ruling class and are no longer star struck by the glitter. I can’t look at any politician, ceo or other enormously wealthy person who’s in the limelight and feel like they in any way represent the common good or every day contributing people.

Given the number of scandals surrounding the royal family in the last few decades I find it hard to believe she would be completely oblivious to them or have a clean hands in regards to them.

As I mentioned if you feel a loss for that I am genuinely sympathetic. Loss is tough. I do however feel that looking for support without contradicting views on the internet of all places a fools errand.
What I find especially upsetting is how social media has allowed the masses to share negative comments during these times of mourning. This has never been truer then when word of a passing past political figure goes viral. The news of Queen Elizabeth II’s death has certainly brought out the absolute worst from many folks who took to social platforms to essentially cheer that she is dead.

To me, her legacy is the remarkable thing. That for 70-years the most important figure in Britain was a woman who did not do many of the things or embody many of the characteristics that society often demands women do and be.

For 70 years, the Commonwealth’s most important resident was an extremely average woman who was made sublime only because the people allowed her to be. She did her work. Whatever any of us think of the monarchy, we can think something of showing up to do the work. “I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service,” she once told her future subjects in a radio address broadcast on her 21st birthday. “And the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.”

She insisted she was merely a humble public servant. And the most extraordinary thing is that’s what she was all along.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The queen helped raise billions of dollars for charity as well.

"The queen was a patron or president of more than 600 charities. According to research done by Charities Aid Foundation in 2012 in celebration of queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee, the 60th anniversary of her accession, she helped raise more than £1.43 billion (US$1.66 billion) for charities she was a patron of."

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Social media in my opinion is nothing more then peoples ideas . By stopping there ideas is nothing more then censorship correct ?

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Social media in my opinion is nothing more then peoples ideas . By stopping there ideas is nothing more then censorship correct ?

Yessir,

I have learned a fair bit from this post. As I stated prior many people will know more of her accomplishments and contributions than I would. I have come away with a better understanding that I am thankful for.

I certainly wouldn’t agree with anyone praising her death. That’s definitely beyond the point of reasonable.

I suppose what I have learned most of all is that some people are hard wired to support and even admire the hierarchy while others view them as two legged humans like the rest of us.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yessir,

I have learned a fair bit from this post. As I stated prior many people will know more of her accomplishments and contributions than I would. I have come away with a better understanding that I am thankful for.

I certainly wouldn’t agree with anyone praising her death. That’s definitely beyond the point of reasonable.

I suppose what I have learned most of all is that some people are hard wired to support and even admire the hierarchy while others view them as two legged humans like the rest of us.

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She managed what very few humans have achieved in this life; incredible position and power without it ruining her character. She was indeed a class act and ruled without blemish longer than anyone else ever had over her country.
She will truly be missed by anyone that recognizes the accomplishment of great character.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She managed what very few humans have achieved in this life; incredible position and power without it ruining her character. She was indeed a class act and ruled without blemish longer than anyone else ever had over her country.
She will truly be missed by anyone that recognizes the accomplishment of great character.
Very well said !!! :)

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever clean a toilet?

She probably had dirty fingernails AND cleaned a toilet when she was a mechanic.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one SUPPORT Social Media as those can come here and post their "feelings or beliefs" and do it so wether are not they should agree with me, and do it RESPECTFULLY if there's such a thing anymore. Is it about your personal feelings getting hurt? Maybe get thicker skin or as we ALL have the option to do, TURN THE CHANNEL. maybe even go Metal Detecting perhaps?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread