Upvote 0

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the Quest Facebook page and heard nothing but good things about it. I bought the X10 just to keep in the truck as a backup machine to my XP ORX and so far I'm very impressed. In fact I would recommend it to anyone trying to stay in that $200 dollar entry level market. The X10 has a few menu quirks that hopefully they have improved on the Q60. By Quirk I mean you have to decide what your going to do in the settings pretty quickly or it will time out of the screen your on or switch to another program. For $200 dollars its a nice little machine and I like it better than the Simplex. Its no Deus but it was only $200 dollars so not a fair comparison.

If you decide to get one I'm curious to know what you think of it.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quest has released the Q60 detector and I am curious if anyone has used it and what they think of it? How does it perform on the beach or land?

With what the cost of a Minelab 600 is, and a three year warranty. Not sure why anyone would want to "Quest" anything?

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the MInelab 800 and yes you can't beat that detector unless you go to the CTX. I would just like to hear from anyone who has used the Quest Q60 and their thoughts on this detector. It gets good reviews. Thanks for your input.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, Made me look at the Quest Q60; it is a VLF machine with selectable frequencies (15, 14, 21khz) but not simultaneous multifrequency like the Nox 600/800. I like the fact that the Q60 is waterproof to 16 ft vs so-called 10 ft with the Nox. I say so-called because MANY of the Nox 800s have proved not to be waterproof requiring replacement of the pod (control unit); hopefully while under warranty (like my 23 month old 800, but replaced in 1 week!).

The Q60 might be a good choice for fresh water beaches. But when it comes to salt water, I sure would stick to a multifrequency machine like the Nox 600 which is in the same price range.

fyi My CTX 3030 is my back-up machine to my Nox 800. I drowned my CTX twice while under warranty. Now, after warranty, it is a dry beach and light surf machine. It also is rated to 10 ft.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the Quest Pro last year and it was a good machine with plenty of depth and speed but I had trouble with the coils. I had to get two replaced but Quest was good to replace them with no problem. I never had any problems with leaking (I hunt in the river 90% of the time in the summer). I will say that I don't think that it was any better than my Simplex that I really like and cost a lot less money. I would definitely not trade my Simplex for any Quest machine based on my experience with the Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions