Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Picked up a Quest X Pointer max Pin Pointer, I will say this is probably the most sensitive pin pointers I have ever used, and it is a discriminating pin pointer which works very very good, it is more of a tip pointer like the TRX was as it has a dead spot from the tip to the main housing it does give a tone when you get rite up against the main housing and at the tip there is about a 3 inch space between the main housing and the tip where it does not sound off, it has a high, medium, and low sensitivity setting plus a boost sensitivity setting, I started out in the boost setting and actually had to turn it down to medium to high sensitivity because it kept going off in boost mode, the discrimination also is spot on with this Quest X Pointer Max, it has vibration and tone settings with 5 volume levels and I will say this is the loudest pin pointer I have ever used, I currently have the Fisher F Pulse, Nokta/Macro Pulse Dive,Garrett Original Pro Pointer which I purchased in 2009 and now the Quest X Pointer Max, the F pulse I could not even hear the thing at all, the Pulse Dive was so dang heavy it would literally pull your pants down if you had it on your belt, my original Garrett pro pointer was just getting old, so I decided to give the X Pointer Max a try and I will say I am glad I did very nice discriminating pointer that actually works great, the only thing I do not like about the Quest X Pointer Max is the buttons are a little hard to push but I can live with them because all the other features out way the one thing I do not like

just thought I would share

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a Quest X Pointer max Pin Pointer, I will say this is probably the most sensitive pin pointers I have ever used, and it is a discriminating pin pointer which works very very good, it is more of a tip pointer like the TRX was as it has a dead spot from the tip to the main housing it does give a tone when you get rite up against the main housing and at the tip there is about a 3 inch space between the main housing and the tip where it does not sound off, it has a high, medium, and low sensitivity setting plus a boost sensitivity setting, I started out in the boost setting and actually had to turn it down to medium to high sensitivity because it kept going off in boost mode, the discrimination also is spot on with this Quest X Pointer Max, it has vibration and tone settings with 5 volume levels and I will say this is the loudest pin pointer I have ever used, I currently have the Fisher F Pulse, Nokta/Macro Pulse Dive,Garrett Original Pro Pointer which I purchased in 2009 and now the Quest X Pointer Max, the F pulse I could not even hear the thing at all, the Pulse Dive was so dang heavy it would literally pull your pants down if you had it on your belt, my original Garrett pro pointer was just getting old, so I decided to give the X Pointer Max a try and I will say I am glad I did very nice discriminating pointer that actually works great, the only thing I do not like about the Quest X Pointer Max is the buttons are a little hard to push but I can live with them because all the other features out way the one thing I do not like

just thought I would share
I am in the market for a new pinpointer and will definitely check this one out. I am also interested in the new multi-frequency detector. Not much out there yet. Thanks for your review.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am in the market for a new pinpointer and will definitely check this one out. I am also interested in the new multi-frequency detector. Not much out there yet. Thanks for your review.
I will be purchasing the new Quest V80 when it finally comes to market also but the X Pointer Max I am for sure liking a lot

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an X pointer Max on the way, to try, with their new "magic" holster (probably just has a magnet in it, turns on when pulled out of holder), we'll see how it does I guess. Had to order direct, as no retailers have any yet.... If it isn't any "better", back to the trusty orange carrots, as always, lol.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got an X pointer Max on the way, to try, with their new "magic" holster (probably just has a magnet in it, turns on when pulled out of holder), we'll see how it does I guess. Had to order direct, as no retailers have any yet.... If it isn't any "better", back to the trusty orange carrots, as always, lol.
wonder if that magic holster can be used with the older X Pointer Max pointers, like used with say a 2021 model Max I seen those when I ordered mine but as you said they are not available rite now because of them being new

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonder if that magic holster can be used with the older X Pointer Max pointers, like used with say a 2021 model Max I seen those when I ordered mine but as you said they are not available rite now because of them being new
Got it today. Has a strong little flat magnet in the holder and has a sensor inside the pinpointer. If the previous one's have that sensor, I don't know, but a magnet placed anywhere around the handle perimeter will trigger it to standby mode (aligned at the "E" or select button level). I posted a quick video to Youtube channel, UABFWSS

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got it today. Has a strong little flat magnet in the holder and has a sensor inside the pinpointer. If the previous one's have that sensor, I don't know, but a magnet placed anywhere around the handle perimeter will trigger it to standby mode (aligned at the "E" or select button level). I posted a quick video to Youtube channel, UABFWSS
Just watched your video, pretty interesting

I am really liking mine for sure, guess I could check my X Pointer Max with a magnet and see if there is a sensor to pause it but I doubt there is LOL I do not ever get that lucky

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well just checked my X Pointer Max no sensor at all :violent1: guess I should have waited LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread