Question about Nokta…

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Getting ready to purchase new machine. Considering a new Makro simplex. I want value for my rapidly depreciating $$. I also want ease of use (no phd in electronics needed to operate). I don’t want a bunch of computer downloads, Bluetooth etc. I don’t care if it can turn my microwave off via my smart phone. I really don’t want it to do much other than 1) be reliable 2) offer a reasonable warranty 3) find buried objects. Any input greatly appreciated

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting ready to purchase new machine. Considering a new Makro simplex. I want value for my rapidly depreciating $$. I also want ease of use (no phd in electronics needed to operate). I don’t want a bunch of computer downloads, Bluetooth etc. I don’t care if it can turn my microwave off via my smart phone. I really don’t want it to do much other than 1) be reliable 2) offer a reasonable warranty 3) find buried objects. Any input

Getting ready to purchase new machine. Considering a new Makro simplex. I want value for my rapidly depreciating $$. I also want ease of use (no phd in electronics needed to operate). I don’t want a bunch of computer downloads, Bluetooth etc. I don’t care if it can turn my microwave off via my smart phone. I really don’t want it to do much other than 1) be reliable 2) offer a reasonable warranty 3) find buried objects. Any input greatly appreciated
I think you will be more than pleased with the purchase of a Simplex. I started out using the Simplex as it hooked me into embracing the hobby. If you do get one, I strongly recommend getting the SP-24 accessory coil. The stock coil is very good, but that SP-24 coil 'upped' my happy factor. 😊
I'm now using both the Simplex and Legend detectors. For the Simplex, I've tried all available Makro coils, to include the Detech Ultimate 13 coil. As such, my favorite coil is the SP-24 coil with the Simplex. I am still learning the Legend. So far, I really like the LG-15 coil with the Legend. Makro makes very capable machines, good luck with your journey:)

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I think you will be more than pleased with the purchase of a Simplex. I started out using the Simplex as it hooked me into embracing the hobby. If you do get one, I strongly recommend getting the SP-24 accessory coil. The stock coil is very good, but that SP-24 coil 'upped' my happy factor. 😊
I'm now using both the Simplex and Legend detectors. For the Simplex, I've tried all available Makro coils, to include the Detech Ultimate 13 coil. As such, my favorite coil is the SP-24 coil with the Simplex. I am still learning the Legend. So far, I really like the LG-15 coil with the Legend. Makro makes very capable machines, good luck with your journey:)
Does it require computer up dates?

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has update capability but they are not required. I've hunted with all versions with great success. The current version has been solid since June of 2020. New units will have the latest version

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
It has update capability but they are not required. I've hunted with all versions with great success. The current version has been solid since June of 2020. New units will have the latest version
😊 thank you

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
😊 thank you
I've yet to try metal detecting beaches. I suspect that those larger coils would fare better in that type of environment, plus the Simplex/Legend detectors are fully waterproof to 10ft, not just water resistant. Have fun!

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Simplex unfortunately will most likely never have another update offered, I wish it did but with the Legend entering the Market that stopped the updates for the simplex in its tracks, if you are just starting out detecting then the simplex is a great place to start vary capable detector in my opinion

I feel you are limiting yourself though when you state you do not want all the bells and whistles though, because you could purchase the Legend and grow into all of its capabilities,eventually, the Legend can be ran the same as the Simplex with single frequencies, the simplex is just a single frequency detector where as the Legend is a Multi frequency detector, the Legend is just a few dollars more than the simplex and is made by the same company that produces the simplex

you have to do what is rite for you though

just my two cents worth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread