I think it does great with telling the size or depth, much more so than my nox’

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on the mode you're in honestly. If you're in deep, or two tone, or beach it certainly will and its a very handy feature in some situations. You can use the sound modulation to get a feel for the normal background noise in heavily masked zones. Then just listen for those louder screamers that will let you know you've hit something significant that isn't normal. :) I love deep mode, I think I use it more than anything. Mostly for the audio.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the Anfibio and the Equinox can give you really good indications about the size and depth of targets. The Equinox can do that really well in pinpoint mode by listening for the sound radius of the target and for lower or higher pitched pinpoint sounds and louder of softer pinpoint sounds which relate to depth. The Equinox audio can also do that to a lesser degree in detect mode. The Anfibio definitely has more modulated sound in its detect modes than the Equinox which can easily help with depth. Both can tell you plenty by lifting the coil in detect modes. For the Equinox, if you have one depth arrow and a really big pinpoint sound radius outline for the target and the target keeps responding with the coil several inches off the ground, you know it is probably deeper than 2"=one depth wedge, and is probably really big. Most US quarter sized and smaller coin sized objects will have a really small pinpoint sound radius unless they are on the surface and their signal with stop quickly when lifting the coil. If your target is something much smaller than a nickel sized object or possibly a coin on edge the Equinox may show a depth of 6" or more even though it is nearer to the surface. Most detectors use a US quarter or nickel sized object for depth calibration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread