Question about using Nox 800 in trashy urban areas

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
24K gold is higher than aluminum, but not jewelry gold.(10, 14 18k) I'd rather dig 100 pull tabs and a gold ring than no gold and no pulltabs. Personal preference, I guess.
My gold finds are by far the best finds I have ever found. No 1916D dime, yet!
It is all about the sound of the machine. I feel sorry for people that want to get good at detecting that don't have a good ear.
I'll bet the V3i user is not picking out gold rings from the trash. Just super good tones on silver/copper. I have a friend that uses one and I dug a 14K gold mans wedding band out of the side of his plug! He was killer finding deep silver halves with it, though.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I also owned the V3i and the Nox 800. The Nox is far deeper. I use it fully open all metal and 50 tones. +you must go slow enough to identify each tone. After a while you will learn what is probably trash and what is a god signal, mainly by tone but cross check with VDI. Remember on deeper targets VDI breaks down shallower than the tone. I recommend you use your regular settings and switch to all metal for a bit. Then increase your time in all metal until you fully understand it . JUST A NOTE IF YOUR NOT DIGGNG ANY TRASH YOUR MISSING VALUABLE TARGETS
"I also owned the V3i and the Nox 800. The Nox is far deeper."

My old V3i matches the depth I can get with my Etrac and Explorer, but the point is, that V3i, even running a smaller 8x6 Detech coil, gives me deeper signals than the Nox does. In my well seasoned coin garden, the Nox is third place in depth compared to FBS and the Whites V3i.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I also owned the V3i and the Nox 800. The Nox is far deeper."

My old V3i matches the depth I can get with my Etrac and Explorer, but the point is, that V3i, even running a smaller 8x6 Detech coil, gives me deeper signals than the Nox does. In my well seasoned coin garden, the Nox is third place in depth compared to FBS and the Whites V3i.
I cam run the Nox in highly trash area using the 15" coil. I run sweep speed 4, no iron discrimination, 50 tones. I can pick out a good target in the middle of 3 or 4 bad targets. PRACTICE PRACTICE PARCACTICE. I'm not bragging but stating a fact but I also have over 1000 hours using the Nox. My V3i didn't go as deep as my MX Sport. But you should use the detector you feel the most comfortable with. But also use your Nox and build your skill level and confidence with it. Good luck

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I cam run the Nox in highly trash area using the 15" coil. I run sweep speed 4, no iron discrimination, 50 tones. I can pick out a good target in the middle of 3 or 4 bad targets. PRACTICE PRACTICE PARCACTICE. I'm not bragging but stating a fact but I also have over 1000 hours using the Nox. My V3i didn't go as deep as my MX Sport. But you should use the detector you feel the most comfortable with. But also use your Nox and build your skill level and confidence with it. Good luck
The stock coils for the V3i were lame compared to the SEF family coils. Well, the 4x6 actually was good but Whites 6x10 SUCKED and 10"D2 coil limped along at best.

I simply am amazed at what my 12 yearly V3i works like with the 8x6" Detech when I take it out. It would be interesting if the Equinox had that coil in its arsenal. Minelab pretty much limited coils to the ML made coils, and Coiltek brand though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread