ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from northeastern Oregon!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a criticism or trying to bust you out,but seems like you should ask the questions first and then buy the detector:occasion14::laughing7::notworthy:Good luck with your hunting and may there be gold under your coil!

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big nuggets closer to the surface can be found by nearly any detector, problem is that those are many years gone. I hunt with a Minelab gold monster,which is an excellent detector and its hard for me to find little nuggets. I'd heard that that Bounty hunter is a decent field detector, but you need one with a frequency 20mhz+, mine is at 45mhz, it cost less than a thousand dollars.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered me a metal detector it's a bounty hunter gold digger is these metal detector good for finding gold and any tips would be greatly appreciated since I'm a beginner at all of this

No, at only $62.00 dollars on Amazon, it is not a great choice for what you want to do and will not reliably find you buried gold nuggets (it'll be great at ringing on every piece of metal trash known to man though). I know that sounds harsh, but I can't sugar coat it. Though it receives a "5 star rating", on Amazon, it's misleading, as it's mostly it's price and the fact it's being given to younger kids to get into detecting influencing the score. https://www.amazon.com/Bounty-Hunter-Digger-Metal-Detector/dp/B0002J1LNO

Dedicated gold machines can get expensive, but there are newer multipurpose detectors on the market in the 600-1000 range that do an adequate job on gold.

Since you indicate you are new to detecting, there are detectors such as the Minelab Vanquish and Nokta Simplex (around 200-300 range) and though they aren't dedicated gold machines, they'll help you learn the ropes of metal detecting without going broke.

Here's the Simplex at only $254.00: https://www.amazon.com/Nokta-Makro-...+detector+nokta+simplex&qid=1632757095&sr=8-8

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered me a metal detector it's a bounty hunter gold digger is these metal detector good for finding gold and any tips would be greatly appreciated since I'm a beginner at all of this

If the gold item is big enough and shallow enough, the detector should find it.........assuming the detector is working and adjusted correctly. It's not what I would consider a good gold nugget finder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread