Question on gold rings

hockeyplayer

Aug 24, 2003
I have been MD'ing for a little more than a year and had yet to find a gold ring. In the past two weeks however, I found two of them. Both are stamped 14K, appear to be a womens ring (i.e. fairly small) and both apprear to have small diamonds. I don't have a digital camera but am looking for advice on where to take them to verify and to get a feel for what they are worth. I know many of you have found rings like this and am wondering how to establish value. Any ideas??

OP
OP
H

hockeyplayer

Aug 24, 2003
Assuming they are small diamonds, what something like this be worth. I'm assuming that a jewler would only pay a small fraction of what it would retail for but how small is that (40%-50%). Has anyone been successful in selling these types of rings?

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Small diamonds aren't worth much. 1-2mm clean well-cut diamonds market at about $5-20 apiece. A jeweler probably wouldn't pay you anything for them.

Scrap gold is valued by weight and purity (14k gold is 58.33% pure), and that is pretty much the only way you will sell these, unless you hold a garage sale, get a booth at a flea market, or post them on Ebay.

Save them up and you will eventually have a whole pile of rings to show off your detecting prowess! Or give them to your girlfriend.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions