Question Regarding creeks, stream and rivers in eastern AL.

JustAHobby

Aug 17, 2022
As stated in the tittle my wife and i just bought our first metal detector (something we have wanted to do for some years now). We enjoy being out in the country and forests but did not realize just how many laws pertain to metal detecting. So just wondering in regard to rivers, creeks and streams. Are these considered public land if we only walking inside the the water or waters edge? trying to stay as far away from any housing as possible to prevent any issues that could possibly arise from owners of property near these creeks, rivers and streams. We are just finding it a little difficult to find places were we can actually metal detect :3. since we know that state parks/national parks/ and any historical "sites".

Any help in identifying legal area's to metal detect would be greatly appreciated.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated in the tittle my wife and i just bought our first metal detector (something we have wanted to do for some years now). We enjoy being out in the country and forests but did not realize just how many laws pertain to metal detecting. So just wondering in regard to rivers, creeks and streams. Are these considered public land if we only walking inside the the water or waters edge? trying to stay as far away from any housing as possible to prevent any issues that could possibly arise from owners of property near these creeks, rivers and streams. We are just finding it a little difficult to find places were we can actually metal detect :3. since we know that state parks/national parks/ and any historical "sites".

Any help in identifying legal area's to metal detect would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to treasure net. What part of Alabama are you in? I'm in the southern part. Just ask owners of the property. I can tell you there are many treasures to find in Al. I've found gold in the river that is around little river canyon. North of Birmingham close to the Ga. Alabama line has gold. The parks are differently off limits as I was told. But just outside of them items can be found. Providing you have permission. There are many people on this site who can give you more info. On where to M.D.

OP
OP
J

JustAHobby

Aug 17, 2022
Welcome to treasure net. What part of Alabama are you in? I'm in the southern part. Just ask owners of the property. I can tell you there are many treasures to find in Al. I've found gold in the river that is around little river canyon. North of Birmingham close to the Ga. Alabama line has gold. The parks are differently off limits as I was told. But just outside of them items can be found. Providing you have permission. There are many people on this site who can give you more info. On where to M.D.
hey thanks for the reply. We are located in Phenix city, AL. We were thinking of heading a little north to Lee County (smiths station area) were we use to live since its pretty remote and there are allot of forests and rivers that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread