Question/Tesoro: would like to order tonight

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone....I'm usually an arrowhead hunter, but I'm trying to make the venture into relic detecting......I live in a Civil War prone area of NW AR, and was wondering if the Tesoro Vasquero or De Leon would be the better detector for relic hunting? I currently own a Garrett Ace 250, but am planning on giving this to my wife so she can detect with me. Any imput would be appreciated. thx. gg

Upvote 0

Elbandido

Dec 14, 2008
Vancouver washington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola/BandidoII u max/Quick draw II/Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go with the Vaquero.
It is way more versatile and will handle the Ground better

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in mild soil, like missouri has. you will find the mini-balls and 3 ringers usually show up in the 66 - 75 range.

good luck!!!!!!!

bob

OP
OP
Bagman13

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the responses everyone......so you would even pick the Vasquero over the Tejon?

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bagman13 said:
I appreciate the responses everyone......so you would even pick the Vasquero over the Tejon?

I have a Tejon. For relics it can't be beat. You have to use the all metal mode for the best performance (which is a true all metal). It will pick up very small items and the deep stuff.

-Swartzie

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swartzie said:
Bagman13 said:

I have a Tejon. For relics it can't be beat. You have to use the all metal mode for the best performance (which is a true all metal). It will pick up very small items and the deep stuff.

-Swartzie

If you can swing it the Tejon would be the deeper detector for coins and relics.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

-Swartzie

If you can swing it the Tejon would be the deeper detector for coins and relics.

I have a Tejon for sale if your interested
704-649-9890

OP
OP
Bagman13

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:

-Swartzie

I have a Tejon for sale if your interested

704-649-9890

*****I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to have to grab a new one so I can get the warranty :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bagman13

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigrush828 said:
Bagman, I already told you to get the Whites MTX Pro ;D