Question?

GoneDiggin_?

Aug 6, 2015
WPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, someone has spread something in a local park along the river in my town that sets my Ace 250 off! I have hunted this boro park for 8 years and all of a sudden this happens. I try to set the sensitivity down low. Do you think that I should switch from the coin setting to another one? It is a shame that someone would have done this. There is nothing in the boro code against hunting. None of the other parks have been touched. What could they have spread to cause such interference?

Upvote 1

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's my understanding that the Ace 250 ground balance is pre-set. I don't own one, so I'm just guessing that you need to try to reset it for the area you're hunting. If they have spread some certain fertilizer or pre-emerge weed killer it might have heavily mineralized the soil. Anyway, check out this link. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else to try. https://ourpastimes.com/groundbalance-garrett-ace-250-12005743.html

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it the ground or could it be EMI in the air?

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not to hijack the thread, but I had a similar problem in the water.
Some one threw welding rods into the swim area. We were not able to detect at all, unless we removed all the rods.
Maybe some ione lost something valuable and doesn't want any one to find it. Or they are just being spite full to metal detectorists

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any power lines near by? My ace never liked them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread