TIE543

Greenie
Feb 13, 2021
Muhlenberg County, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't updated my machine at all since I got it but I just downloaded 1.07 and was reading the installation instructions when something dawned on me. It says in the install instructions to connect your machine to a PC without turning it on, but any time I charge the Legend (whether through PC connection or just plugged into the wall) it automatically powers up. Is this not supposed to happen, or am I overthinking it?

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur (Sword Model) Tesoro Cibola (With GB Mod)
The way it works for me is I plug the legend connection into my laptop and it makes a beeping noise. I then hold the plus button on the detector until uts says up. Then I can install the software on my detector using the laptop software

OP
OP
T

TIE543

Greenie
Feb 13, 2021
Muhlenberg County, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The way it works for me is I plug the legend connection into my laptop and it makes a beeping noise. I then hold the plus button on the detector until uts says up. Then I can install the software on my detector using the laptop software
Thanks for the insight, I'm more wondering if the detector should automatically power up whenever I plug it in for charging though?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the insight, I'm more wondering if the detector should automatically power up whenever I plug it in for charging though?
to answer your question it is not supposed to power up when you plug it in to charge or it did not used to be that way what version is in your Legend the first ones that came out was 1.04 then the new ones that are being sent out came with 1.05

OP
OP
T

TIE543

Greenie
Feb 13, 2021
Muhlenberg County, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to answer your question it is not supposed to power up when you plug it in to charge or it did not used to be that way what version is in your Legend the first ones that came out was 1.04 then the new ones that are being sent out came with 1.05
I'm still on 1.04 as of now. It charges perfectly fine when I plug it in, I just thought it was odd that it completely powers up as it does it.

OP
OP
T

TIE543

Greenie
Feb 13, 2021
Muhlenberg County, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: Just updated to 1.07 and the issue seems to have gone away. Maybe it was a bug with 1.04 that no one (or very few people) had encountered? I suppose it's possible other people had it as well, and just assumed it was how it's supposed to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions