Quiet hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treasure hunters! I'm new to this business, but I think a device (handheld detector) that looks for precious metals and gemstones could help standard metal detectors. You probably know this device, it has supersensitive antennas that can determine not only the depth of the treasure, but also position them, at what distance the treasure is from the device. And these portable devices are quite affordable. They save the hunter from unnecessary searches and unnecessary energy costs for digging out false targets. I think many people already know about these devices and use them productively, right?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money and buy a actual metal detector.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
For those of us who don,t know,what are these devices?

Have you not seen the ads ? "Find treasure from a mile away" (and to insane depths, etc...) . And will include claims that you can also find gemstones, paper money, etc....

Some will even include a battery, diodes, and wires. Thus presto: It must be legit, eh ? :dontknow: Otherwise will have glowing testimonials . Eg.: A pix of a dude posing next to the jar of silver coins he just found. Thus ... gee ... pictures don't lie eh ? :icon_scratch:

Don't get me started on this, lest I get in trouble ! haha :crybaby2:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live a sheltered life I guess,but I,ve never heard of such a thing.What exactly is it called so I,ll know to avoid it. Any thing that good has got to be fake, I was born at night,it,s true,but it wasn,t last night!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.........What exactly is it called so I,ll know to avoid it. ......

LRL and dowsing . And within the ruberic of LRL : Some might have different names for them (to avoid the stigma). But ... a magic wand by any other name, is still a magic wand.

(hope I don't get in trouble for answering this question)

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LRL and dowsing . And within the ruberic of LRL : Some might have different names for them (to avoid the stigma). But ... a magic wand by any other name, is still a magic wand.

(hope I don't get in trouble for answering this question)
Don,t seem political to me,I really did want to know what it,s called,you answered my question.Thanks,now I know,"and knowings half the battle" GI Joe.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never heard of a device that could actually detect buried gemstones. Seen claims but never any demonstrations.

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Никогда не слышал об устройстве, которое действительно могло бы обнаруживать закопанные драгоценные камни. Видел претензии, но ни разу никаких демонстраций.
Не слышал, это не значит, что таких устройств нет. Их функция действительно заключается в обнаружении не только золота и серебра, но и драгоценных камней (бриллиантов, сапфиров и т. Д.). Тебя просто не интересовала эта тема.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Не слышал, это не значит, что таких устройств нет. Их функция действительно заключается в обнаружении не только золота и серебра, но и драгоценных камней (бриллиантов, сапфиров и т. Д.). Тебя просто не интересовала эта тема.

Sergel, they do not work, I use to talk people out of buying them when I worked for Kellyco and Minelab....

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google translate of Sergie 3: "I have not heard, this does not mean that there are no such devices. Their function is indeed to detect not only gold and silver, but also precious stones (diamonds, sapphires, etc.). You just weren't interested in this topic."

American translate of Sergie 3: "You dope."

OP
OP
Sergei 3

Sergei 3

Sep 19, 2020
Thailand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google translate of Sergie 3: "I have not heard, this does not mean that there are no such devices. Their function is indeed to detect not only gold and silver, but also precious stones (diamonds, sapphires, etc.). You just weren't interested in this topic."

American translate of Sergie 3: "You dope."
Why are you doing this? Yes, I don’t write and don’t speak English, but I use google translator and so what? And no magic, everything is developed on a scientific basis (chemistry, physics, etc.)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you doing this? Yes, I don’t write and don’t speak English, but I use google translator and so what? And no magic, everything is developed on a scientific basis (chemistry, physics, etc.)

You are fine Sergei, Creeky's comment is uncalled for.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... And no magic, everything is developed on a scientific basis (chemistry, physics, etc.)

If someone tosses a few wire, diode, and a battery on to these devices, that doesn't make them scientific. It's to lull you into THINKING they're scientific. And perhaps the maker is quite sincere and may even THINK it's scientific himself. But that still doesn't make-it-so. Sorry .

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't work, no such device.
An example of such device that was sold by Englishman to the country of Iran, see the link below it's a BBC article about the fake bomb detector.
There's a sucker born every minute.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
They don't work, no such device.
An example of such device that was sold by Englishman to the country of Iran, see the link below it's a BBC article about the fake bomb detector.
There's a sucker born every minute.

I read that article years ago (or one like it, covering the same topic) and loved it.

What amazed me is that ....... just like we see on md'ing forums (among those that think that the magic wands or dowsing works), is that : Whenever a test shows that they DON'T work, then you can be SURE that the proponent will merely say : 1) "You're not operating it correctly" or 2) "You need more practice", or 3) "durned those solar flare sunspots", blah blah. It's NEVER that it doesn't work.

And we see the same logic among the proponents (even the user-customers !), in that link of yours. It says : "Astonishingly, perhaps, some officials still blame user error or even the weather for the device's failure to detect explosives"

But when they finally randomly find an object, or explosive , then presto: It works. Never mind that it was eventual random chance and gut hunches of which way to point the wand. :icon_scratch:

And as far as taking them apart to study their innards, that too doesn't disprove them. Because any scientist that says that the inside components don't do anything, will just be accused of "Not understanding it". Or that it's "undiscovered science", blah blah blah.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sergei, you might be a swell guy. I offered a translation because you posted in a language other than English. Your comment in the other language, "you just weren't interested in this topic" was basis for my comment, and one that remained hidden to other posters. One can be interested in the topic, without agreeing that devices that you recommend are either scientific or worthwhile. It's not a matter of interest, it's a matter of belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread