Attachments

• nokta-makro-simplex-metal-detector-3~3.jpg
    nokta-makro-simplex-metal-detector-3~3.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 43

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
External battery holder?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Sound reasonable, although I did see a battery pack that mounted in the square hole at the end of the armrest. Thanks for responding.
The square hole is what I first thought you were talking about. LOL!

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it was originally for Simplex accessories that never materialized, or was just manufactured that way because the rods were going to be reused for the Legend accessories?. The rail is used for the Legend external battery pack. The battery won't fit the Simplex because the arm cuff is made differently and the battery won't slide through.

OP
OP
AZDTR

AZDTR

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2022
White Mountains Apache County Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Classic 2
Whites Coinmaster 2 (Old BFO)
Maybe it was originally for Simplex accessories that never materialized, or was just manufactured that way because the rods were going to be reused for the Legend accessories?. The rail is used for the Legend external battery pack. The battery won't fit the Simplex because the arm cuff is made differently and the battery won't slide through.
It sure looks like it was meant to mount something. Thanks.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking it might be for strengthening the cuff.
The machine is well built for sure...!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what the 'rail' under the Simplex armrest is for? It's about a foot long and looks like something could attach to it. Curious minds want to know. 😊
Just a theory, but I think the new simplex line uses the same pole as the legend. I. The legend there is a long external battery that goes there and screws in.
But the simplex external battery pod uses 4x AA similar to the anfibio one.
I'm leaning more towards they used the same frame as the legend where that detector external battery goes.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the waterproof battery pod in for the simplex and it does mount to that rail. It is the same frame as the legend which does use it to slide on an external LiPo battery pack from the pro pack and has a screw to sold it in.
Seems they used same frame and made the external 4xAA pod attach to it as well.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound reasonable, although I did see a battery pack that mounted in the square hole at the end of the armrest. Thanks for responding.
That batter pack is for the legend. Don't think it's compatible with the simplex

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what it's for, but I use the rails for mounting Legs on the detectors. Works great! IMG_3721.JPG

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what it's for, but I use the rails for mounting Legs on the detectors. Works great! View attachment 2134586
I can see how they add stability, when you park your detector temporary-like, but it would add weight, to an already heavy machine. And, I can see where its use in very uneven ground....and snow? Good coloring.
I love my Simplex tho, as it has found silver and gold recently.
I've been forcing myself to learn that machine, as I was previously, constantly using my analog Cibola and my Gold Bug most of the time...., so I've been using Simplex exclusively now....
How do you like the Legend ...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread