Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Minelab rain and dust cover for the screen/housing however it makes it difficult to see the screen, especially the depth gauge. I am interested in finding a new cover that doesn't reduce screen visibility. I am also interested in finding a cover/wrap for the arm rest or battery housing.

Anyone have brands (and vendors) they recommend for these items?

Thanks !

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screen glare has always been a huge problem with the E-Trac.
Do a search for a "Zag" screen protector - you cut a piece to size and put it on.
They were very popular years ago.

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a Minelab rain and dust cover for the screen/housing however it makes it difficult to see the screen, especially the depth gauge. I am interested in finding a new cover that doesn't reduce screen visibility. I am also interested in finding a cover/wrap for the arm rest or battery housing.

Anyone have brands (and vendors) they recommend for these items?

Thanks !
There's a guy on Ebay that sells control box covers, control box covers with visors, control box covers with removable visors, and whole detector covers that cover the battery part of the shaft as well as the foam handle and lower shaft. The guy is in the Ukrane but his feedback looks good. I'm thinking of buying one of the control box covers with the visor from him.

I have one of those NUview (not sure that's the exact name, its NU something) glare reducers on my screen, but as soon as you put a control box cover on it, it kind of defeats the purpose. The Etrac is a great machine with a really s**tty display.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Nuffstuff 3032 buying from them on the bay for years best covers ever

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm giving this a try. My OEM one is getting worn around the buttons anyway. For $22 its worth a try. A guy in Ukraine hand makes these and sells them on eBay, it may take me a month to get it but its winter anyway. His ratings are good, and I used PayPal for extra security purchasing out of the country.... although I'm not a big PayPal fan. I couldn't find anything like this in the USA.

Etrac cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread