RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4E29061A-7F7E-478D-8B76-F0CBAD56A319.jpeg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Since we were posting up some Railway pictures earlier. Here's another one for the pot.
A bit of background info in bygone days the senior officers of the company used to travel on business trips using a business car courtesy of the railroad.

Even though that's no longer the case quite a few of these cars were maintained in their orginal state and still used today for customer entertaining. Since I was involved in marketing I had the good fortune of enjoying gourmet meals with our better customers. Cocktails, 5 course meals with wine, digestifs the whole 9 yards...lol.

That said try doing that for lunch and supper for 2 days back to back...to be fair I was a bit younger then and could handle it.

Here's an exterior shot of one of those cars. They're 89' long with a private kitchen and dining room as well as washrooms, bedrooms, etc....all maintained by a personal chef. Talk about travelling first class.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• canadian pacific business car.jpg
    canadian pacific business car.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 52

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Since we were posting up some Railway pictures earlier. Here's another one for the pot.
A bit of background info in bygone days the senior officers of the company used to travel on business trips using a business car courtesy of the railroad.

Even though that's no longer the case quite a few of these cars were maintained in their orginal state and still used today for customer entertaining. Since I was involved in marketing I had the good fortune of enjoying gourmet meals with our better customers. Cocktails, 5 course meals with wine, digestifs the whole 9 yards...lol.

That said try doing that for lunch and supper for 2 days back to back...to be fair I was a bit younger then and could handle it.

Here's an exterior shot of one of those cars. They're 89' long with a private kitchen and dining room as well as washrooms, bedrooms, etc....all maintained by a personal chef. Talk about travelling first class.

Regards + HH

Bill

Now THAT is a business car. Just gorgeous. Most of the time when officers, executives, etc. of Norfolk Southern (which is the line where I am) want to travel or impress clients and whatnot, this is how they usually do it. It's called the OCS; Office Car Special and it's always amazing to see.

C360_2015-11-04-08-56-12-709.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
attachment.php

So typical of a youngster blowing off a fart under the water and thinking it's funny.:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ncsilverspider,

It's to bad I didn't find some pictures of the interior. Done in exotic hardwood panelling, the dinning room service including real silver ware not plated stuff and crystal glasses with a beautiful hardwood dinning table and matching chairs.
I remember a business trip I took and met up with my counterparts at the NS in Roanoke, Va a real bunch of Southern gentlemen.

Regards + HH

Bill

Now THAT is a business car. Just gorgeous. Most of the time when officers, executives, etc. of Norfolk Southern (which is the line where I am) want to travel or impress clients and whatnot, this is how they usually do it. It's called the OCS; Office Car Special and it's always amazing to see.

View attachment 1553700

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Just a little Olympic tidbit a Canadian band The Arkells found out that the Canucks were using one of their songs for celebrating their victories so now they are flying over to South Korea to perform it live for the crew. And Air Canada is picking up their transporation costs. Nice to hear a positive story for a change.

Here's the video of the song.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread