RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again, it is past my bed time. Tonight has been fun ! I leave one final post for the road and goodnight everyone.

11.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to go bottle hunting yesterday. Took the flats skiff 15 miles one way bymyself. Blew the steering at 60 mph. Took a left turn onto the sand bar. I ws ejected 10 -20 feet onto dry sand. This all happened at 1:00 pm some how I flew clean and only got a couple scrapes. I used boards and lumber to slowly inch the boat closer to the sea.with tremendous effort I got it close enough for the tide to float it off. All this took me till 5:pm. So now I just waited for the tide to come in . Finally I got her floating with another tremendous effort. Finally about 10:pm. Could only go in left hand circles. Now im thinking im screwed !! How am I gonna steer this thing home. After doing circle and almost getting stuck again . I had a brain storm. Ill fill the steering with some spare moter oil. After spilling half a quart on the console I got it to turn right toward home. No gps, no lights, no water left, and of coarse in the pitch black I ran up on 2 more flats, and almost clipped a channel marker. I finally got home at 2:00 am with alarms blareing, cooleing system almost cloged, covered in oil , and steering quit right when I was docking. As I was unloading to go home I realized I had broken 2 out 5 1800s bottles. The point is dont ever do this treasure thing without a partner. I almost killed myself 3 times yesterday. Im going back to bed !!!

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
We get evacuated on Sunday. One of this suckers will get defused 400 Meters from our home.

They are called Blockbusters. Within 100 Meters all houses will be gone if it goes off.

I would stay at home but Wikipedia says that in a radius of 500 Meters lungs will burst...

Attachments

• hc.jpg
    hc.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 50
  • hc-1.jpg
    hc-1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 42

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Decided to go bottle hunting yesterday. Took the flats skiff 15 miles one way bymyself. Blew the steering at 60 mph. Took a left turn onto the sand bar. I ws ejected 10 -20 feet onto dry sand. This all happened at 1:00 pm some how I flew clean and only got a couple scrapes. I used boards and lumber to slowly inch the boat closer to the sea.with tremendous effort I got it close enough for the tide to float it off. All this took me till 5:pm. So now I just waited for the tide to come in . Finally I got her floating with another tremendous effort. Finally about 10:pm. Could only go in left hand circles. Now im thinking im screwed !! How am I gonna steer this thing home. After doing circle and almost getting stuck again . I had a brain storm. Ill fill the steering with some spare moter oil. After spilling half a quart on the console I got it to turn right toward home. No gps, no lights, no water left, and of coarse in the pitch black I ran up on 2 more flats, and almost clipped a channel marker. I finally got home at 2:00 am with alarms blareing, cooleing system almost cloged, covered in oil , and steering quit right when I was docking. As I was unloading to go home I realized I had broken 2 out 5 1800s bottles. The point is dont ever do this treasure thing without a partner. I almost killed myself 3 times yesterday. Im going back to bed !!!

Damn.... Good to hear you are ok!!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to go bottle hunting yesterday. Took the flats skiff 15 miles one way bymyself. Blew the steering at 60 mph. Took a left turn onto the sand bar. I ws ejected 10 -20 feet onto dty sand. This all happened at 1:00 pm some how I flew clean and only got a couple scrapes. I used boards and lumber to slowly inch the boat closer to the sea.with tremendous effort I got it close enough for the tide to float it off. All this took me till 5:pm. So now I just waited for the tide to come in . Finally I got her floating eith anothe tremendous effort. Finally about 10:pm. Could only go in left hand circles. Now im thinking im screwed !! How am I gonna steer this thing home. After doing circle and almost getting stuck again . I had a brain storm. Ill fill the steering with some spare moter oil. After spilling half a quart on the console I got it to turn right toward home. No gps, no lights, no water left, and of coarse in the pitch black I ran up on 2 more flats, and almost clipped a channel marker. I finally got home at 2:00 am with alarms blareing, cooleing system almost cloged, covered in oil , and steering quit right when I was docking. As I was unloading to go home I realized I had broken 2 out 5 1800s bottles. The pointis dont ever do this treasure thing without a partner. I almost killed myself 3 times yesterday. Im going back to bed !!!

Hey Bart . Are we related ?
I had almost the same experience many years ago while fishing the Connecticut River 5 am ,by myself. Miles away from anyone/anything in my 10 ft. Alum.boat w/9 hp outboard.I gunned it to get on plane(to get to another fishing spot). And hit a submerged log.The impact yanked the Eng. control out of my hand and the boat (at full throttle) went hard left whileI went hard right out of the boat, into the river. Just by the grace of God the flotation seat cushion flew out w/me.So there I am in the middle of the river,all alone,with my boat making full speed circles around me(w/a full tank of gas). Seemed like forever and finally a guy in a boat picked me up. True story.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you posting again tom. At least we have the lobotamized version of toms humor !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get evacuated on Sunday. One of this suckers will get defused 400 Meters from our home.

They are called Blockbusters. Within 100 Meters all houses will be gone if it goes off.

I would stay at home but Wikipedia says that in a radius of 500 Meters lungs will burst...
How old is that thing tom.?? Is left over from ww2 ?? Justs looks like an old water heater.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
How old is that thing tom.?? Is left over from ww2 ?? Justs looks like an old water heater.

WWII . In WWI they wouldn´t get this 2 tons in the air :laughing7:

It is a HC 4000

It was used to blow away the roofs of civil buildings within a radius of 500 Meters and than throw phosphorus bombs to burn the buildings (and people).

They was thrown at our town when bombers was on the way back from Kassel or other greater cities. When the weather was to bad to bomb this cities on sight, the bombers flew back home and dropped the material on smaller towns. Also reason why we find on archeological dig sites so many "non-existing..." phosphorus bombs.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

PS:"water heater"

This was the reason why this sucker was buried around the 50´s when the house was build! They thought is is an old heater which was to heavy to pull out. Some old people know the story.
The back of it was found 80cm deep. The tip with the fuses lies a little bit deeper.

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm starting my Christmas wish list early!

Here's a new air rifle in the pre-charged category that can be charged to over 5,000 PSI (yes, you read that right!) and fire 19 .220 pellets in semi-auto mode. Is very quiet. Can adjust the air pressure easily. 200+ yards? Not a problem!!

That thing is unreal. I'm big into pcp air rifles. Just bought a .25 FX Crown myself. love those things.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Roundness .Your into airguns, ck out this 20mm :)

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the HW 98 I have (cal .177)

Not as powerful as the one above but very very precise.

What I love on it, is that the trigger weight can be adjusted.

Attachments

• weihrauch_hw98_zf_01.jpg
    weihrauch_hw98_zf_01.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 51

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread